Which hotel for next year's trip - HELP

twinmommyks

DIS Veteran
I am starting to plan a family trip (2 adults, 3 children, ds9, dd4, ds4) for next summer. It will be my 20th wedding anniversary; my dh and I went to DL for our honeymoon and this will be our first time back to DL. We just returned from WDW last month.

Since it has been so long since our trip to DL, can someone recommend a really nice hotel to stay at? We would like something fairly close since we have children and will take breaks during the day. I'm not looking for the least expensive, but something that is nice. The room we will book will be a suite (5 people).

Can someone recommend some nicer hotels fairly close to DL? Thanks.

Bren

The Desert Palms worked out very nicely for my husband and I and it didn't kill our budget. :) If you really want to go all out, look into renting a suite at the Grand Californian. It'll cost you a pretty penny, but it's worth every nickel and dime. It's beautiful and pracitcally IN DCA. You can't get much closer than that! :)

The Grand Californian is definitely the best hotel at the Disneyland Resort. It is also the most expensive, but if you want nice, it can't be beat. It is super convenient to everything and the atmosphere of the lobby and lounge is peaceful and beautiful. We were there last December with lots of family and we so enjoyed hanging out in the lobby, having drinks and playing checkers at the lounge, listening to stories by the hearth, and especially having dinner at the Napa Rose. It is a wonderful hotel.

We just stayed at the Staybridge Suites (you can have up to 8 people), it's about 3-4 miles away. It was nice; the room had two bedrooms, two bathrooms and they offered free buffet breakfast each morning which saved us $$$. It was $200/night. My daughter and family stayed at the GC and loved it (you can have only 5 people in a regular room). It was expensive but convenient. You have to book way ahead of time for that hotel...
If you stay at the Staybridge Suites you can purchase tram passes for $3 each per adult/day OR drive there and park at Disneyland and walk in. We liked the LION KING parking lot. The shuttle is CLOSE to the front and there's not too much walking, actually more convenient than the big parking structure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter