Which hotel?

mathgeek

DIS Veteran
I'm planning to go to DLP next summer, but I'm having a great deal of difficulty deciding on a hotel. The last time I went I stayed at Hotel New York, but that was part of the post-ABD package after the Cities of Knights and Lights tour, and I only had a choice between the Disneyland Hotel and Hotel NY. I have already decided to stay on site, so that narrows things down, but I just can't decide between Newport Bay, Sequoia Lodge, Cheyenne, or Santa Fe. I remember hearing that Cheyenne and Santa Fe do not have air conditioning, and since I'm going in summer that might be a breaking point for me. Otherwise I guess it really comes down to cost. This trip I'll likely be in the parks most of the time, and I don't mind staying at the All-Stars at WDW when I'm paying OOP instead of using my DVC points.

Thoughts? Advice? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If price is your consideration, staying onsite and won't use the hotel that much I suspect Cheyenne. Not sure about a/c, but I think you are right.

I stayed at NPB. Stunning hotel after the refurb but I have young kids so needed a retreat and a pool.

Even if you won't be in your hotel that much, you might want A/C after a long day of being out in the heat. I have come to a point in my life where I can no longer survive without A/C. lol

Some posts over on TripAdvisor state that the refurb of Cheynne included A/C. This post speaks to two different blocks of rooms that had A/C this summer:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTop...yland_Paris_Seine_et_Marne_Ile_de_France.html

Posts from this summer about Santa Fe confirm they still do not have A/C.

We're staying at NPB in a few weeks and have read wonderful things about it. We debated between that and Sequoia and chose NPB as we got a better deal on a club room. Sequoia does look beautiful though.

If A/C is important to you, you have a car and love BBQs, maybe you should also check the Davy Crockett's Ranch out! In the heat of the summer, this is one of my favorite locations.

Cheyenne is a value with a fun theme, if budget is a concern, then it's my favorite option.
Sequoia usually costs just a little bit more but you get a pool, air conditioning and sligtly bigger rooms, but probably very small per US standards. I have yet to stay at the Cheyenne after the refurb, so I cannot confirm if there is air conditioning in the rooms.
Post refurb many say the Newport is really beautiful, but it's not much more convenient than the Sequoia (distance from the park entrance is the same), not sure if it's worth the upgrade.

This trip for me is really about the parks and less about relaxing at a pool, so that's not really a consideration for me. I think I've eliminated Newport Bay and Santa Fe. I won't have a car so Davy Crockett is not going to work. It'll probably come down to how much the difference is in price between Sequoia and Cheyenne. Room size won't really be an issue as it'll only be me, and it'll probably be bigger than my standard inside stateroom that I'll have on the Magic the week following my stay at DLP.

Thank you all so much for the input. It has helped a great deal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter