Which is better - New Poseidon's Fury or Original

Which version of Poseidon's Fury do you prefer?

• I like the original version with the Keeper and the teleportation effect

• I like the new updated version with Taylor the archaeologist as the guide better

• I think they are both the same.

• I haven't seen both shows.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what? Johare, you're just a moron! First of all, if your logical arguement is simply rewording EVERYTHING Taylor says to you, that's hardly a "one-up" in my opinion.
Oh ouch...what an insult from someone with 2 whole postings to their credit.

Besides that - Did you even READ what you reworded? People HAVE given exact, specific reasons why the new show is a superior product
Yes, did you read what I reworded? I gave reasons why I feel the old show is better. If you are having difficulty with that go ask your parents to read and explain the posting to you.

What is your problem with this situation? Why do you feel that you are the sentinel that must destroy this show? Why are *you* so defensive? Gary has a right to be - it's his show. You have no money, effort or idea behind this show, yet you haven't given up yet!
I buy 4 annual passes to Universal every year and spend a lot of money at the parks year round. I feel that I have every right to voice my opinion when I feel the parks have WASTED their money on rehabing something which didn't need it to begin with, especially when the money could have been put to far better use.

In closing, I give a hearty "Shut up!" in your direction. Enough is enough- really! Either support your ideas with solid reasons or continue to get ripped apart by myself, Gary, Taylor, and Christian, amongst others.
You all have done nothing to rip me apart. All you've succeeded in doing is to make yourselves look like immature little teenagers. You little boys really need to grow up a bit.
By the way, how old are you? 15? 16?

At this point Johare, why don't you reveal who you are instead of hiding behind your little fake ID? It is all too easy to cast aspersions on others when you don't have to stand up and actually account for your childish actions. The cut and paste jobs of late - wherein you use other people's comments with slight revisions - is akin to a child's version of repeating everyting someone else says so as to block out anything being said. Your posts are becoming extremely childish and seem to become rantings. What is the point? Your ratings box seems to prove, provided no one goes in now and fills it with fake votes, that you are in the minority. And thats okay. At least, if you are indeed 38 years old, try to make intelligent arguments for your case, instead of creating these mindless cut and paste responses that insult everyone's intelligence.

This started as a discussion about a redo of an existing attraction at Universal. I think you have made whatever points you had wanted to. Many people disagree with you. As do the ratings, which continue to go up, favoring the change. Sorry to have disappointed you.

Hey Gary, why don't you go take some time and actually read some of the posts in this thread. I had not said a thing for days and than this ignorant kid comes along and starts making comments like:

"It's honestly sick that 6 people prefered the old show."

or

"it is without any doubt by anyone with any taste that the new show is FAR superior to the old show."

or

"It's even questionable to call the old Poseidon a "Show". "

and then we get to another ignorant poster who's limited intelligence only allows him to resort to calling me a 'moron'.

...and you have the nerve to call my posts childish?

As for the ratings here, remove the fake votes of the people who only created id's to argue this point (ie, YOU, Coily, Darkeneon, turbodrop and the rest of the peanut gallery) and you'll see that the vote would be quite close.

Finally, regarding your comment " At this point Johare, why don't you reveal who you are instead of hiding behind your little fake ID?". Unlike yours, mine is NOT a fake ID. I've used it for a few years and made hundreds of posts. You are the one who should be revealing your real identity instead of hiding behind the name of someone else. I'm not the one created half a dozen fake user id's in order to commandeer a thread and try to make a mediocre attraction rehab look better than it really is. The new Poseidon's is NOT an improvement over the old one. You and your school pals can create all the fake user id's you want for posting here and it won't change that simple fact so why don't you just quit wasting your time here.

I am Gary Goddard. I designed that attraction and stand behind it.

Go on all you want with your rants. You sound more and more like a lunatic. This is NOT a fake name. It's me. Your name is as artificial as your comments which show a complete and utter lack of understanding anything having to do with theatre, attractions, design or entertainment.

You hide behind your Screen Name because you are a coward.

I am stepping in now and reminding everyone to remember the board rules. Please be courteous and respectful to everyone else. This thread is beginning to turn the other way. Please read the board rules on the main DIS page if you are unfamiliar with them.

Thank you.

I am Gary Goddard. I designed that attraction and stand behind it.
Sure you are. You act just like I would expect the founder and chairman of a major corporation to act. How could you possibly be anyone else.

Go on all you want with your rants. You sound more and more like a lunatic. This is NOT a fake name. It's me
Back to the name calling. Do your parents know your using their PC to insult people?

Your name is as artificial as your comments which show a complete and utter lack of understanding anything having to do with theatre, attractions, design or entertainment.
Unlike yours, my name is not artificial at all and neither is any of the information in my profile. Your profile on the other hand is empty with the exception of a link to the landmarkusa site. As for your other comments, there are at least two people I know of who have an utter lack of understanding of theatre, attractions, design and entertainment and that's you...and the real Gary Goddard if he did indeed have hand-on involvement in the new Poseidon's Fury.

You hide behind your Screen Name because you are a coward.
Let see...I'm a lunatic, a coward and have no understanding of theme park attractions or entertainment? Who's the one ranting and acting immature here?

In the other Poseidon thread johare stated that he tried to get in touch with Gary via Landmark. It seems that all it would take to straighten out this "identity crisis" is one simple email or a phone call to johare from Mr. Goddard. From what I've read here and Usenet I believe that he is the real deal, but it shouldn't be too hard to put the issue to rest.

This is everyone's last warning. If future posts to this thread or disrespectful to others, it will be locked. This is the last time I am saying this.

Thank you.

as stated in another thread i, like johare, prefered the old show.

i do not think the new show has any more action or excitement in the first room than the old show.

the second room in the new show has a running and ranting and raving taylor and has more accessories to look at but these do not contribute to a more exciting second room experience.

The vortex is the vortex. the first show used this a point of reference and a gotcha effect. the second show has done away with the point of reference aspect since you are not put back in the pre-vortex room.

The new show needs more explaination by taylor for you have the understanding that Gary Goddard has explained in this thread and the other thread. I did not get from Taylor the info that was posted by Gary Goddard. The lines are somewhat away from taylor and the bull horn and head mike do not always transmit well. If any one in the line is talking, you can forget about hearing what taylor says, thus the premise for what follows does not exist for all the attendees.

Louder, clearer, better listening conditions might make a big difference. with the old show you just gently went with the flow up to the finale'. someone with a hearing problem could get the old show. That is not the case for full enjoyment of the new show. :p

At this point Johare, why don't you reveal who you are instead of hiding behind your little fake ID? It is all too easy to cast aspersions on others when you don't have to stand up and actually account for your childish actions. The cut and paste jobs of late - wherein you use other people's comments with slight revisions - is akin to a child's version of repeating everyting someone else says so as to block out anything being said. Your posts are becoming extremely childish and seem to become rantings. What is the point? Your ratings box seems to prove, provided no one goes in now and fills it with fake votes, that you are in the minority. And thats okay. At least, if you are indeed 38 years old, try to make intelligent arguments for your case, instead of creating these mindless cut and paste responses that insult everyone's intelligence.

This started as a discussion about a redo of an existing attraction at Universal. I think you have made whatever points you had wanted to. Many people disagree with you. As do the ratings, which continue to go up, favoring the change. Sorry to have disappointed you.
Gary - you stink.
-Tom Snorless

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter