Which is faster?

None of our stays at 6 stays at PO resorts, including the one last week, have included a stop at BWI. Only SSR, OKW and the PO resorts. I'd say the odds are low for BWI to be on the PO route. Possible but low

True but you are free to get off the bus at at resort you wish
I've had the bus stop at PO most times when I've been staying at either SSR or OKW. But, I've also had it stop at PO prior to going to BW. I think that happened twice. Not in the past few years though!

1. Tag our luggage and take ME.
Or
2. Get our own luggage and take Uber.

We arrive on a Thursday at 9:15 am. Staying at POFQ. Going to Epcot shortly after we get to the resort.

Thank you!
You can just tag your luggage, let ME handle it, then just use Uber.

You can just tag your luggage, let ME handle it, then just use Uber.

No, you’re not supposed to. The luggage pick up service is for guests riding on the ME. It’s not a luggage service. Even says in a sticky at the top. I’ll jusr grab my own bag.

No, you’re not supposed to. The luggage pick up service is for guests riding on the ME. It’s not a luggage service. Even says in a sticky at the top. I’ll jusr grab my own bag.
Never realized that, not that I did it. Learn something new today!

people do tag and send their luggage along and rent cars, or uber or a towncar all the time. The luggage goes to the resort regardless if you are riding the bus, same in return to MCO you can send your luggage from the resort and get back to MCO by DME/Rental car/Uber

people do tag and send their luggage along and rent cars, or uber or a towncar all the time. The luggage goes to the resort regardless if you are riding the bus, same in return to MCO you can send your luggage from the resort and get back to MCO by DME/Rental car/Uber
In all fairness, the 2 services are completely unrelated
ME bringing bags to the airport and RAC going home are not the same service in any way (aside from the fact that Bags, Inc has the contract to do both)
RAC is not related or connected to ME in any way
However, you must sign up to use ME to get tags sent to have your bags delivered to your resort. You are accurate in that using the bus once you have the bags tagged isn't required for them to deliver the bags

In all fairness, the 2 services are completely unrelated
ME bringing bags to the airport and RAC going home are not the same service in any way (aside from the fact that Bags, Inc has the contract to do both)
RAC is not related or connected to ME in any way
However, you must sign up to use ME to get tags sent to have your bags delivered to your resort. You are accurate in that using the bus once you have the bags tagged isn't required for them to deliver the bags
Totally understand! RAC, and the first leg of DME are different.

So, it is truly OK to use RAC when I check out of the Poly in the morning but then spend the day in a park or something and use Uber to get to my evening flight out of MCO?

So, it is truly OK to use RAC when I check out of the Poly in the morning but then spend the day in a park or something and use Uber to get to my evening flight out of MCO?
Of course. RAC is there for the guest to use to check their bags. I has no relation to ME in any way whatsoever.

Add on question...If I have to get my checked bags regardless based on arrival time how much time does taking an uber save vs ME?

I think it all depends on how long will it take to unload the plane of your luggage, gather it at the luggage carousel, walk to the Uber station pick up, and then ride to the hotel. Remember, the ride should take the same amount of time. This past November, we got off the plane, walked down to Magical Express, immediately got on the bus and the bus left 2 minutes later. You can't do that waiting for luggage to be unboarded from the plane. This is not a normal event, I will agree to that. In the last 9 years of traveling down every year, it has only happened 5 times.

I think it all depends on how long will it take to unload the plane of your luggage, gather it at the luggage carousel, walk to the Uber station pick up, and then ride to the hotel. Remember, the ride should take the same amount of time. This past November, we got off the plane, walked down to Magical Express, immediately got on the bus and the bus left 2 minutes later. You can't do that waiting for luggage to be unboarded from the plane. This is not a normal event, I will agree to that. In the last 9 years of traveling down every year, it has only happened 5 times.
The ride would be moderately slower on DME. 1, it's a bus. 2, it may make stops before getting to your resort.
So you have anywhere from 5-20(?) minutes there. Then add in the time waiting for the bus to leave. So you probably have another 5-20 minutes.

On the other hand, you don't know how long it will take for luggage to come out. The quickest I think is about 15 minutes. I've also had it take 45 (caught it at a shift change, but storms can also affect it).

Bottom line, you'll save 20-30 minutes by using a car vs. bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter