• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which locations are soldout

loribell

DIS Veteran
Just returned from WDW yesterday where I attended the DVC tour. I was definitely impressed and from what I have read here it seems like it really is a good thing since we have averaged a trip to WDW or Disneyland every other year since 93. So, here is my question. Are the BWV sold out? I didn't really ask but got the impression that VWL are all that is available. I really feel that we would prefer BWV and since we go in the summer we probably need to be able to book 11 months out. Am I wrong? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks bunches,

loribell

THROUGH Disney, only VWL is available. resale, you can get OKW or BWV's. BCV will be available next year sometime, as they are under construction.

VWL is the only on site property available at this time and I hear that they are expected to sell out by the fall. BCV are supposed to be selling by 2002, but who knows. If you have your heart set on BWV you might try a resale, but the resales are not available through Disney, so you have to finance it yourself. We also wanted BWV, but bought at VWL in March. Our thought is to book at the 11 month window at VWL and get on a waiting list for BWV. We did that this year for the week of August 15th and were able to get a room at BWV after being on the waiting list a few weeks.

Two internet resellers that have been often mentioned on these boards are:
www.dvc-resales.com and www.atimeshare.com

It is best to buy at the resort you plan to stay at most so you have the 11 month reservation window there. This has been particularly true for BWV where many have had trouble getting what they want with only the 7 month reservation window at almost any time of year. Note though that high DVC demand times are not necessarily the same as high WDW in general demand times. Summer is actually a lower DVC demand time while Ocober through early February are high DVC demand times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter