Which moderate

aurora19

<font color=FF66CC>The Tag Fairy apologizes sincer
Hi

I planning 2 trips at the same time.

This question is concerning which moderate will be the best choice for myself (36) and my Mom to enjoy the magic while going wild in the parks most days.

We will be heading to the world in mid-november so we want a spa but the pool itself is not a big choice. Which has the best food court for quickie meals.

Thanks for your advice!

Kim

Coronado Springs!
As far as a spa, CSR is the only moderate that has one (as far as I know!). The resort is very peaceful, especially good for two adults. The foodcourt, Pepper Market, is great for diverse, quick meals, just be sure you get it "to go" and head to the patio area or you will be charged a gratuity.
Also, right outside of Pepper Market is a small food store, where they sell the refillable mugs and sandwiches and that are great to grab and go.

Thanks for the reply,

I was thinking Spa = Disney's name for Hot Tub not health club but great info!

Which style of lodging did you stay in at CSR? Do you prefer one over the other?

Also how is the transportation from there? (This will be my first trip without a rental car.)

I realize with the # of business travelers that go through this resort that it has a more grown up feel - but does it also have that Disney Magic?

Thanks again,

Kim

The hot tub is very nice at CSR and so is the pool! In fact, I've stayed at POFQ and the hot tub is much bigger at CSR.
We just got back last week (wah!), and stayed in the Cabana section. All the sections looked equally nice, but we were right between the Dig Site (pool) and El Centro (restaurants, main desk, shops) and the quiet pool was just down our steps. We had a great beach area in our section complete with hammocks!
The buses were great, never more than 15 minutes apart. CSR does have four bus stops, so it takes a bit to get around the resort, but its pretty centrally located for 5-10 minute bus rides anywhere.
My one complaint about CSR was the lack of Disney theming. I believe the Casitas have a little bit of it, but compared to All Stars and POFQ, there is far less theming, but it does not lose that Disney magic!

I would recommend POFQ. It's a much smaller resort so no matter where your room is you're not too far from the food court and spa. Speaking of that, the spa is very nice. It is in the middle of the courtyard. We love the POFQ because it is very peaceful and well maintained - really puts you in a relaxing mood after a long day at the parks.

Here's another vote for POFQ. It is by far our favorite moderate resort.

POFQ is very nice. And to go with the questions earlier:
We stayed in Building 3 with a view of the fountain and it was very peaceful, even with a bottom floor corner room.
It is much smaller than CSR, with short walks to everything no matter where you stay.
Transportation is also pretty good here, but you have to share the bus with POR. But if you luck out and your bus is full, like ours for MNSSHP, you get to go straight to the parks!
But really, I do think with two adults, CSR is one of the less kid-oriented resorts. I enjoyed both POFQ and CSR and children don't bother me that much. On the other hand, my boyfriend is now CSR's biggest fan.

If you are looking for a moderate with the amenities of a deluxe, and it is adult only, I would choose CSR.

If you are only concerned that they have a hottub, then definitely PO-FQ--- it is THE BEST!

The only moderate we both have not stayed in is CSR (so I know the least about it)

I've stayed at PO-R (and used amenities at FQ) and mostly deluxes (CR, WL & AKL); Mom has stayed at PO-FQ & CBR (as well as AKL with us last year). We won't be spending tons of time at the resorts so a deluxe resort really isn't necessary (or worth the extra $$ for just 2 of us) - Mom's willing to do All-Stars to do the trip on the cheap but I want the hot tub so definately a moderate.

Thanks again for everyone's advice. If you have your own opinion - feel free to add.

I have to give the nod to CSR as well, over CBR and POR. Trasportation from CSR IMHO, is the best of moderate resorts. And that is directly because it's a convention resort. When I've had a convention their, I never used the bus if I had time to go to the parks. When I"ve stayed with my daughter, on vacation....lets
just say, "it's great to have a seat on the bus" after the parks close. We ask for the Cabanas and Bldg. 8B if available. 60 second walk to the Big Dig as well as the parking lot and bus stop. Your also only 2-3 min. walk to the quiet pools of the Cabanas and Ranchos. To El Centro, no more than 5 min. That's walking slow ( after all your on vacation ), to take in the abiance. :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter