Which month would you stay at each resort?

MamaBear12

Mouseketeer
Just for fun, I’m curious to hear what everyone’s opinions are on which month/s is/are best to stay at which resort. I’m not asking about availability or point cost, moreso the activities, ambiance, etc. For example, I know the pool is a huge draw for BCV, so staying there in a warmer month to maximize pool time would be ideal. What about other resorts? Which month do you think is best to stay at each resort and why?

So, looks like summer, fall, and winter months are covered more or less. Any opinions on which resort(s) are best in the spring?

OKW Feb-May, nothing like relaxing on the huge patio of an OKW 2 bedroom. Spectacular views, lush landscaping, birds, squirrels and rabbits. Peaceful, a lovely place to have cocktails and appetizers at night or coffee in the morning.

After May it gets a bit sticky!

OKW Feb-May, nothing like relaxing on the huge patio of an OKW 2 bedroom. Spectacular views, lush landscaping, birds, squirrels and rabbits. Peaceful, a lovely place to have cocktails and appetizers at night or coffee in the morning.
That sounds glorious! Do OKW 1-bedrooms have decent patios as well? If we ever require a 2-bedroom for a spring trip, I'll definitely keep this in mind!

So, when's the best time to stay at AKV and why?
If you have a savanna view, I think Jan-Dec, it's just fun to see these majestic animals, birds, wild pigs etc. just outside of your balcony. The AKV balconies are long and narrow but make for relaxing coffee time. I've lucked out a few times with the standard view and gotten a partial view/end or the back of the savanna. Of course I've also had the parking lot, but unless I take someone new or little kids I stick to standard view.

I love this and I will try to assign 1 month per resort...

Dec is either VWL resort (Xmas decor)
Oct is BWV (for F&W)
May is BCV (for F&G and to use SAB)
Sept is HHI (for beach use)
March is AKV (just a nice resort to utilize when parks close early)
Jan is OKW (if it's cold you, at least, have a lot of space in your villa to hang out)
April is VB (hot there in summer)
June is Poly (nice pool)
Feb is SSR (for walking to and around DS, not hot)
I'll give July to BLT so you can watch fireworks from TOTWL

Haven't stayed at VGF but how about they get Nov for a nice Thanksgiving holiday (can eat at someplace nice on Turkey Day)
Left off Aug and we'll just scrap it since it's the hottest month.

In general, though, I like end of Oct at BWV and I like May at HHI and Dec at CCV (my home resorts). I like March trips too and would lean towards BWV, BCV or BLT for ease of access to Epcot for F&G.

Last edited:
December either of the Wilderness Lodge resorts or Villas of Grand Floridian. :santa:

I completely agree! This is a big reason why we own at CCV and are currently trying to own at VGF as well, since the home resort priority is so important that time of year.

Love BWV in general but especially during festivals, which is most of the year at this point. We did stay there over July 4th this year and loved walking back after the fireworks.

For me:

January:BLT (New Years fireworks and don’t love the pool)
February: OKW
March: SSR
April: BWV (flower and garden)
May: CCV or BRV
June: new riviera resort
July: Vero - beach for the 4th
August: it’s too hot, i’m Cruising this month
September: AKL (love that pool, it’s so hot - all I would do is swim and watch animals)
October: BCV (food and wine, love the pool)
November:VGF (holiday decor)
December: Poly (Hawaiian Xmas music)

Dec is either VWL resort (Xmas decor)
Oct is BWV (for F&W)
May is BCV (for F&G and to use SAB)
Sept is HHI (for beach use)
March is AKV (just a nice resort to utilize when parks close early)
Jan is OKW (if it's cold you, at least, have a lot of space in your villa to hang out)
April is VB (hot there in summer)
June is Poly (nice pool)
Feb is SSR (for walking to and around DS, not hot)
I'll give July to BLT so you can watch fireworks from TOTWL
January:BLT (New Years fireworks and don’t love the pool)
February: OKW
March: SSR
April: BWV (flower and garden)
May: CCV or BRV
June: new riviera resort
July: Vero - beach for the 4th
August: it’s too hot, i’m Cruising this month
September: AKL (love that pool, it’s so hot - all I would do is swim and watch animals)
October: BCV (food and wine, love the pool)
November:VGF (holiday decor)
December: Poly (Hawaiian Xmas music)

These are great! I’m taking notes for future trips ;-)

Great thread! I haven’t stayed everywhere, but I’d definitely recommend Poly in the summer (especially over July 4th... spectacular view of fireworks!). Beach Club has a fantastic pool, so that would be great during the summer, too. I imagine that WL and AKV would both be spectacular during the holiday season, as well as VGF!

We stayed at BCV this past Easter. It was great! This was not specific to DVC but the whole resort had an entire day of activities planned. We left we so much candy. Being able to walk to Epcot for Flower and Garden was also nice. So I would recommend Beach Club in the Spring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter