Which of these cities to visit with kids age 5 and 2?

Which city with kids age 5 and 2 for Presidents Day weekend?

• Baltimore

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • New Orleans

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Savannah

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Minneapolis

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Something else

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters
What about St Louis. If I recall, there are a lot of family-types of things to do!
City museum would defintilty hold heir attention, but with possibly too cold to enjoy zoo. But science center is also fun.

I'd go to St Louis. There are several places that are great for young kids! City Museum is amazing, it's not really a museum so much as it is a giant indoor playground that is completely unique and unlike anything else. I first took my kids at 2 and 4 and they loved it! The Magic House is also a fabulous fun place for kids.

Skip Baltimore, go to DC. You less likely to be assaulted by gangs of teenagers in DC

If weather is a concern for you (not sure how much you are traveling to get to your destination), I'd scrap Baltimore and the DC area. IMO it can be fairly brutal here that particular time of year and you could end up in some weird snowstorm. I'd look for a warmer place.

With that age this time of year, I'd vote for the Mall of America hands down. I'm not sure how long it's been since you were there but they have added so much in the last few years. Crayola Crayon Experience, Sealife aquarium, American girl store, plus Nickelodeon theme park, mini golf, Rainforest Cafe. There is a Marriott on property so you wouldn't have to step foot outside. You can also take the light rail all over the cities (Minneapolis and St Paul both). There is also the Children's museum and the Science museum. The Minnesota zoo can be done mostly indoors as well, the way it is set up. From Chicago it's only a 6-7 hr drive so it's very doable! (We live near the cities and drive to Toledo several times a year, so I'm familiar with the drive!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter