• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which of these would you recommend?

disneysteve

DIS meet junkie
We will be at WDW for Jersey Week 10/30-11/6. We'd like to do one nice meal either in parks or Disney hotel. We are Disney veterans but haven't done too many of the nicer restaurants.

It will be myself, DW and DD-9. DW and I do not eat red meat. DW is allergic to all seafood. DD is a typically picky kid. Other than that, we're pretty adventurous and eat a wide range of foods.

Places I'm considering:

California Grill
Artist Point
Jiko
Brown Derby
Chefs de France

Which of those would you pick and why?
Thanks for your input.

In that case, I would probably go with the California Grill. The view, atmosphere and location just make it *THE* wdw restaurant.

Though all the restaurants you listed are good, I would select JIKO.

My reasoning is because it is such a unique type of food, so it's something I can't have at home. Also, the AKLodge is beautiful and it's cool to see the animals before dinner.

You won't go wrong with any of the ones you listed, likely, though.

Cheers!

Of the restaurants you've listed, we've eaten at Artist Point, Brown Derby and Jiko. (Chefs de France next week!!!) Anyway, Artist Point is one of our not to miss Disney favorites and Jiko and Brown Derby are two of our "will never eat there again" restaurants.

At Artist Point we had a window seat by the waterfall. I enjoyed both the atmosphere and the food. The Berry Cobbler for two is very yummy.

At Jiko, probably a fluke, but I didn't feel too well that evening, and the Brown Derby, we had 4 meals and no one liked theirs. Probably just a family taste thing.

With Out a DOUBT,......CALIFORNIA GRILL!!!

Great atmosphere....menu has all different choices...chicken.pork, red meat, seafood, sushi etc.

Get PS for just before Wishes fireworks at MK. It is amazing to watch from up on the roof!!

My husband & I go every time we go to WDW!
ENJOY!::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

I would suggest you attend the listed restaurants in th exact order you listed them good choices all and my faves are listed in order as you listed them! :tongue:

Based on your criteria, ie you don't eat red meat and your wife is allergic to all seafood, I'd recommend Jiko. It seems to have the most varied menu, with the most non-seafood and non-red meat selections. The food there is fabulous, and as long as you're slightly adventurous eaters you'll enjoy your meal there. You did leave off my favorite restaurant at WDW, Flying Fish. I'm also allergic to seafood, though I will eat red meat, and I had the most wonderful pork dish here in July. The food here is superior to all the restaurants you mention IMO, and the atmosphere is great. The menu on Deb's site is slightly outdated, but it's definately worth a look and I don't think you'd be the least bit disappointed. All the other restaurants, with the exception of Artist Point (I didn't recommend it due to lack of selection for your wife) aren't my cup of tea. California Grill's menu is slightly ecclectic, and it just wasn't one of our better meals. Brown Derby is SEVERLY over rated, and was a disappointment to us. Chefs de France, I have to DRAG my husband to, because he supposebly "dislikes" French food. So, we don't get to eat there often, and I really can't comment on recent quality.

Originally posted by livsea2
I would suggest you attend the listed restaurants in th exact order you listed them good choices all and my faves are listed in order as you listed them! :tongue:

That sounds like a great suggestion. I think we'll do just that. Can I have your credit card number please? :p

We've done Artist Point and CA Grill. We liked them both, but we are repeat diners at Artist Point. There is just something about this restaurant that we love! It could be the smoked portabello mushroom soup (which is worth the trip alone!) and the berry cobbler. It could be the quiet and understated elegance atmosphere and the attentive service. We usually eat beef or seafood, but from what I can gather, all of their entrees are very good.

Whichever you choose, have a great time!

California Grill because of the view and if you time it right you get to see and hear Wishes!

We love Artist Point. It has just such a wonderful feel to it. We've never been let down by the food & only had one bad server in the dozen or so meals we've had there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter