Which one? JetBlue or Delta

Jet Blue blows all other airlines away for service. I have flown Jet Blue for years and have only had one delay and it was weather related.

Okay...
Thanks to you all!

We are going with Delta...
It seems that these JetBlue Airbus 320s are old and really in need of the planned full renovations. That was kind of the kicker.

Happened to check Delta again, and the better flights were available for much fewer miles. Just what I have been waiting for!
So, we are booking them, and can use some Statement Credit to help pay for the cash portion.

Now we are crossing our fingers and hoping that Delta doesn't do something like mess with the flight times, assigned aircraft, etc!!!!
They are SO bad for that!

Never anyone but JetBlue. Hate Delta had nothing but bad service with them. Also way easier to earn miles on JB. Linked our hotels to them, points. Do 10 minute surveys points. Just paid for round trip to/from. San Juan by sitting at my desk and answering surveys for 2 months.

I have never flown JetBlue, so I am unfamiliar.
Even though we have Delta points, JetBlue now offers non-stop to FLL. Looks great.
Delta, as we know, from the South, doesn't matter if you are going to He!!, gonna stop for a layover at Atlanta. : (

I find this interesting, as from MN Delta is pretty much the only airline we can use to go nonstop to Orlando.

Different Airlines have different 'hubs' and different markets.

You are lucky if Delta finds Orlando a big enough market to assign non-stop aircraft, avoiding ATL.

JetBlue, I think, has been out of NYC, and has lots of routes down to Florida.
Since they are not Delta, which has ATL as a huge 'hub'.... NO STOP AT ATL!!!!!
So glad that this is available now, even if we are going Delta this time.

Never anyone but JetBlue. Hate Delta had nothing but bad service with them. Also way easier to earn miles on JB. Linked our hotels to them, points. Do 10 minute surveys points. Just paid for round trip to/from. San Juan by sitting at my desk and answering surveys for 2 months.
Can't say never anyone but JB but haven't had an enjoyable time with most domestic flights. Flew first class from NWR (or maybe it was JFK?) to FLL via Delta once. Whadda "use up your points for no apparent reason" moment. Maybe they were going to expire?; just don't remember anymore.
Thinking about using SW out of NWR to MCO based solely on the nice experience many have experienced here but need parents to confirm their children are coming to NYC as opposed to leaving from NC. Hard work that, LOL.

Different Airlines have different 'hubs' and different markets.

You are lucky if Delta finds Orlando a big enough market to assign non-stop aircraft, avoiding ATL.

JetBlue, I think, has been out of NYC, and has lots of routes down to Florida.
Since they are not Delta, which has ATL as a huge 'hub'.... NO STOP AT ATL!!!!!
So glad that this is available now, even if we are going Delta this time.
Very true!

It can pay to really research your options!
I was happy to consider JB and the non-stop flights, until all of the sudden Delta came to their senses and came down a lot on the miles required.
And then to find out that the JB aircraft is WAY past it's prime, and they are just starting major total renovations. That stilll doesn't take the miles and years of of the aircraft itself.
Supposed to be on a nice new aircraft with Delta.
But, one reason that I am not a Delta fan is that they WILL bait and switch. Offer good flight times, nice aircraft... Only to screw you over by changing it numerous times before you travel.
But, most all airlines do that stuff. : (

Can't say never anyone but JB but haven't had an enjoyable time with most domestic flights. Flew first class from NWR (or maybe it was JFK?) to FLL via Delta once. Whadda "use up your points for no apparent reason" moment. Maybe they were going to expire?; just don't remember anymore.
Thinking about using SW out of NWR to MCO based solely on the nice experience many have experienced here but need parents to confirm their children are coming to NYC as opposed to leaving from NC. Hard work that, LOL.

I will never fly SW ever!!! Every time has been a disaster. Bad service, attitude, late take off & arrivals. Yeah done with that.

I was happy to consider JB and the non-stop flights, until all of the sudden Delta came to their senses and came down a lot on the miles required.
And then to find out that the JB aircraft is WAY past it's prime, and they are just starting major total renovations. That stilll doesn't take the miles and years of of the aircraft itself.
But, one reason that I am not a Delta fan is that they WILL bait and switch. Offer good flight times, nice aircraft... Only to screw you over by changing it numerous times before you travel.

The bait & switch was why I was done with Delta. Also JB miles don't expire. I can earn them sitting on my butt in my office. Also we get Hilton points & JB miles at the same time.

Airlines, especially but not limited to legacy carriers which release availability 330 days in advance, changing flight schedules is NOT bait and switch.

Along with the points for surveys on the true blue site I do e-rewards and just about every month I get 2,000 points from them too! I just got 2 round trips from NY to Utah just for taking surveys!

I think JetBlue is much more pleasant to fly on than Delta if you're going coach. We fly them routinely to southern California, NYC, and Anchorage (summer flights only) from PDX--I think they're the best US economy airline there is because they have the most legroom (by a lot!) and the best service.

It's so interesting how everyone has such different experiences with airlines.

We have strictly flown SW for years - mostly because we have accumulated a lot of points and I LOVE that I can book and change flights with ease. It's my most favorite feature and I hope they never change it.

I recently opened a Jetblue CC because they were offering a lot of points for purchase. We flew them last month for spring break, direct flight from Albany to MCO. When we arrived at the airport, we found out we were delayed. The delay kept getting longer and longer and we ended up taking off almost two hours late, I believe. Apparently there was a mechanical issue with the plane and they had to take it offline and fly a new place in. So while I'm thankful not to fly a plane that had a problem, it was still a little off putting to have a delay the very first time we chose Jetblue.

Another wonderful thing we heard about Jetblue was the TV's in the seatbacks. Well, my husband's TV didn't work at all on the way down and then both of our TVs didn't work at all on the way back. So that perk was disappointing.

I still prefer SW but will fly Jetblue if we have points and/or if the cost is cheaper.

I fly Delta almost exclusively and I've never had a bait and switch happen.

I fly Delta almost exclusively and I've never had a bait and switch happen.
Unfortunately I have also had this happen, more than once. Actually the last 3 times I have booked Delta, including this September, I have had my flight removed from the schedule for the day I am flying, and been put on a flight with times and/or stops, I did not want. Prior to that, I have had flight times changed several times.

Unfortunately I have also had this happen, more than once. Actually the last 3 times I have booked Delta, including this September, I have had my flight removed from the schedule for the day I am flying, and been put on a flight with times and/or stops, I did not want. Prior to that, I have had flight times changed several times.

Interesting...maybe I'm just lucky or you are just unlucky. lol

Don't kid yourself....
Delta (and others) WILL, and DO, purposefully bait-and-switch.

Had the 'disappearing flight' thing happen to me on an important major trip.
Same two-three-stop layovers, decrepit rusted aircraft.... total nightmare....
Guess what.... Only THEN to have the good aircraft and flight RE-appear, at twice the cost....
Ohhhh, no flipping doubt about it.
Airlines are EVIL.

I am only hoping that this is a pretty consistant and set itinerary on this one, so we will get to FLL fairly close how we have planned.
Crossing my fingers for sure.

Other itineraries.... Yep, they will bait and switch whenever they can financially benefit.

Don't kid yourself....
Delta (and others) WILL, and DO, purposefully bait-and-switch.

Had the 'disappearing flight' thing happen to me on an important major trip.
Same two-three-stop layovers, decrepit rusted aircraft.... total nightmare....
Guess what.... Only THEN to have the good aircraft and flight RE-appear, at twice the cost....
Ohhhh, no flipping doubt about it.
Airlines are EVIL.

No need to get worked up about it. Of course I know it happens. However, it has never happened to ME. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter