• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which park, Seaworld or Busch Gardens?

atedrow

Earning My Ears
We have one day Thursday Oct. 30 to spend in either Busch Gardens or Sea World. Which one?:confused:

IT very much depends on what your family's preferences are. Both are fantastic parks and offer a great day out for all ages although each may slightly appeal more to a different age group.

IMHO BG has the better rides, it has three GREAT coaster (plus a couple of "ordinary ones") and some good wate/logflume rides as well as some great animal attractions.

SW has the better shows by far and it's other animal exibits certainly have the edge over BG, but it does basically only have the two thrill rides. The kids seem to adore the chance to hand feed dolphins, sealions and stingrays as well as some other hands in attractions.

Both parks have great kids areas, I think BG gets the edge on the variety, but SW's 3 story high "climbing frame" cargo net is always popular. Basically with under 9s I'd probably go for SW, with teens that like thrill rides I'd go for BG, but the thought of a 90 minute drive there and 90 minutes back to BG might be the clinching though on the debate. If you've had a busy schedule you may prefer the easier drive to SW.

<<<<<but the thought of a 90 minute drive there and 90 minutes back to BG might be the clinching though on the debate. If you've had a busy schedule you may prefer the easier drive to SW.>>>>>

But if you decide to go to BG you can take the bus provided by BG which picks up in several places in Orlando. It is just $4 round trip per person if you have a BG pass.

I agree with Vernon, both parks are great and so different than the Disney parks. Both are more relaxing and you can do so many things without ever standing in long lines.

hi rabflmom we have got dc booked and have just been told about the upgrade to go to either sw or bg or do both, we were obviously going to use the SW ticket but dh and eldest daughter wanted to go to BG but we couldnt really afford it . But understand it will be and extra $30 each to upgrade. If so might be tempted we are going for 3 weeks so should have time to fit it in, you said that a special bus comes along any idea how we find out whether it would come anywhere near all star movies, I wondered about mears bus? is this maybe the service you mean? also do you know whether we have to contact dc now before we get our tickets through?:Pinkbounc

Let me start out by saying I gave a wrong quote on the price . It is $5 round trip or free if you have the 5 park Orlando Flex tickets.

From the card they gave us I can tell you that the bus does not go on Disney property to pick anyone up. What I would like to know is when the bus returns to Orlando . It doesn't give that info. It says it is a 1 hour trip. If the return trip is late enough it would be a great way to make the trip because a day at BG definitely is tiring .

There are 4 routes :

1. 8:30 AM Universal
8:45 AM Mercado shopping Center

2. 9 AM Sea World
9:15 AM Old Town Shopping Village
except Saturday

3. 9:15 AM Sea world
9:30 AM Orlando Premium Outlets

4. 9:30 AM Ameri-Host MainGate
9:40 LaQuinta Inn Lakeside

You have to have reservations

For Info call 1-888-800-5447
For reservations: 1-800-221-1339

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter