Which park would you do twice ?

Ashlind2

Earning My Ears
We are taking a trip Dec 22-26th. We are not getting Park Hoppers due to cost. Which park do you think we should spend a second day in ?

Definitely MK. Epcot really needs two days as well if you are interested in everything in both Future World and World Showcase, but if I had to choose just one park to do twice in a trip, I would pick MK.

Magic Kingdom, there's more attractions there than anywhere else so you'll need a second day to hit up more rides/shows.

Without any additional information Magic Kingdom of course.

Now if you are all adults and enjoy the world showcase the answer might be Epcot.

The default answer, as you see here, is MK. With absolutely no additional information, I'd offer that as my blanket answer too. However, what interests you and your party? I could make a case for spending a second day at any of the other 3 over MK...if they have attractions that are of higher interest.

Thanks everyone. I was leaning toward MK. Our party is myself, husband and 18 and 16 year old daughters. I think I will go ahead and make the fastpasses for MK on our last day and can always adjust and fly by the seat of our pants if we feel drawn back to a different park on our last day.

I'd say MK (unless going during a hurricane where it became too much time there as we got through everything so quickly) especially because of the time you're going. It allows you to experience MK during a busy time with a bit more ease since you know you have another day.

That being said are there a good number of attractions and shows that interest you and your traveling party at MK?

Since you are going over the holidays, I would maybe suggest Epcot since it has the most holiday specific entertainment. I doubt you would be able to experience it all in one day. Also, it will be the last time to see the holiday edition of illuminations, which is one of the best on property. MK would be nice, but it will be super crowded and riding rides may not be the easiest. At Epcot, the park is larger so it can absorb people better and there will be more entertainment specific to the holidays that you can see without waiting in lines.

Magic Kingdom

Sadly, not enough at any of the other parks that makes it necessary to spend 2 days there.

Regarding the second statement, I guess everyone can have their own opinion and preferences! For me, Epcot and Animal Kingdom each provide plenty of great reasons for second day visits.

MK would be nice, but it will be super crowded and riding rides may not be the easiest.
That's actually a large reason I would suggest MK because they can opt to be a bit flexible in terms of waits for rides.

If my option was 4 parks 4 days I would not repeat a park and instead opt to go to each park once (though I would get park hoppers personally so that would increase my flexibility). But the OP phrased it as what park to visit twice.

But again depends on how much of interest they have in MK. If they don't have much interest on riding and seeing much at MK then there's not much reason to spend a second day.

On a normal week, I would pick MK.

But during this busy, but beautiful, week I think I would choose differently.

I hate crowds and queues, but love all things Xmas. So I think I would choose a non park day and resort hop, enjoy a leisurely meal at one of the highly decorated resorts, perhaps check out the Xmas tree trail at Disney Springs or do a sleigh ride at Fort Wilderness.
If I already had 5 day tickets, I might do some of the above and perhaps a half park day. Either the evening in WS in Epcot (since it’s more about seeing and experiencing than queueing) or perhaps a morning in MK using the fastpasses I can get in advance and then clearing out.
Just my thoughts.

That's actually a large reason I would suggest MK because they can opt to be a bit flexible in terms of waits for rides.

If my option was 4 parks 4 days I would not repeat a park and instead opt to go to each park once (though I would get park hoppers personally so that would increase my flexibility). But the OP phrased it as what park to visit twice.

But again depends on how much of interest they have in MK. If they don't have much interest on riding and seeing much at MK then there's not much reason to spend a second day.
I agree there are more rides at MK, but over Christmas, MK will be the most crowded, but in terms of actual holiday entertainment, I think Epcot wins hands down over MK. Also, it is hard to see all of the holiday storytellers in one day.

On a normal week, I would pick MK.

But during this busy, but beautiful, week I think I would choose differently.

Right! As much as MK is our multi-day park each trip as well, given park days of 12-23, 12-24, and 12-25(Egads!) I would actually skip MK altogether and do AK, Epcot, and HS. Plenty of holiday cheer to go about at those parks as well and they may be slighlty less crowded than the zoo that MK will be. Of course if this is your only trip to DW for a long time skipping MK isn't an option.

(I wont even mention how vital park hopper can be to navigating extra crowded days :) )

I agree there are more rides at MK, but over Christmas, MK will be the most crowded, but in terms of actual holiday entertainment, I think Epcot wins hands down over MK. Also, it is hard to see all of the holiday storytellers in one day.
Yeah entertainment sure. In terms of rides MK has the most. With the crowds, if there's a good amount of things the OP wants to do at MK one day may not be enough where a second day would help out especially with being able to say "I'll catch that ride the next day we're here" or something like that. That's why the OP would need to know how much interest MK holds for them in comparison to other parks. If actual rides are not as important another park may be best.

The OP didn't mention rides, they didn't mention holiday decor/ambience, they didn't mention entertainment so it's really hard for people to give feedback on it either way lol :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter