Which Parks Normally Reach Capacity on Christmas Day?

PetePanMan

DIS Veteran
Just wondering which ones may get into phased closures. I think it is MK only but wanted to check in with others who have been there on Christmas day (2018 will be our first time)

Usually if the crowds are bad enough to cause capacity closures, MK goes first. Then after that, it depends. Usually Epcot is the last just because of the size of the park itself (that was my choice to go to the last time I spent Christmas Day at WDW, and I found the crowd to be heavy but manageable). As the parks stand right now, I would say AK would hit capacity before DHS, just because there is more at AK to draw a crowd - but DHS may seem more crowded because there is less to do. Once Star Wars opens at DHS, I would expect DHS and MK to be kind of neck and neck in the capacity races.

It's usually just MK but Epcot is known to hit a phase 1 closure in the morning but then drop again a little later. MK won't hit a full phased closure, so if you're an AP and/or staying on site then you really don't have anything to worry about.

I don't think HS is that popular on Christmas day so I don't recall it ever hitting a phased closure

Usually for the parks if they start hitting phased closures it goes MK, Epcot, HS, then AK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter