Which parks on which days?

Polly59918

Earning My Ears
Can anyone suggest which parks we should go to on which days? We are arriving on a Thursday night (1-23-03) so we'll have Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and maybe Tuesday morning. Should we just go to the parks that open one hour early (we are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge) or should we try another route? We have a 7 and 4 year old, if that helps. Thanks so much!!
Polly in Louisiana:Pinkbounc

Given the time of year you are visiting, it really won't matter much. If you use FastPass, you're unlikely to have to wait more than 5-10 minutes for any attraction. Many will be walk-ons with no waiting.

Regarding Early Entry (Extra Magic Hour), the guideline I tend to follow is to either take advantage of Early Entry, or skip that park for the day.

In other words, if you use Early Entry to get into the Magic Kingdom at 8am, you should be able to walk right onto the Mountains or Buzz Lightyear.

As the day goes on, the EE park will tend to have a proportionately larger number of guests because of those drawn by EE. Thus, if you aren't planning to get to the park until mid-morning, schedule your visits to avoid the EE park each day.

With kids those ages, I would definitely hit MK on an early entry morning, which would put you there on Sunday. That way, you can ride everything in Fantasyland, with little to no wait. Well worth it.

Friday: MGM
Saturday: Animal Kingdom until 4:30/5pm/MK for Spectro and fireworks. Try to get there around 5 pm. That way, you will still get to see the parade at AK (a must see), but will get to the MK in time to do a few things, and get a place for the fireworks. You will definitely want to position yourself to watch the castle prior to the fireworks, because there is nothing like the look on a kids face the 1st time they see Tinkerbelle fly from the castle. The bridge between Main Street and Tomorrowland works nicely! She will fly right over their heads!
Sunday: MK-- early entry... we did this, and never found the park to be overly crowded all day.
Monday: Epcot, and if they get bored, you can take the monorail back to MK, or the boat to MGM.
Tuesday morning: back to MK, if you have time.

Have a great vacation!

Thanks so much for your replies. I really appreciate your input!
Polly in Louisiana

going to WDW 1-23-03 to 1-28-03
Animal Kingdom Lodge with DH, DD (7) and DS(4):jester:
:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter