Which Parks?

Claire Chatts

Earning My Ears
OK, we need some thoughts please!

My husband and I go to Orlando in September and have started to plan what to do when. We are soooooo unsure of what to do! We know we really want to do US and IOA and MGM. I want to see the fireworks again in MK (Saw then two years ago at Disneyland in California and too magical to miss) but aren't too bothered about spending a full day there. We'd like to fit in at least one water park (Blizzard Beach?) and have scheduled an early start for Animal Kingdom. Daytona will also take us a day, as hubby wants to ride in the car!

The thing is, this is meant to be a holiday so making use of the poolside a bit and having some late boozy nights are also important to us(we're staying at the Royal Pacific so get free watertaxi's!). We did have Busch Gardens down for a day, Epcot and also the Kennedy Space centre but we're running out of time.

If anyone can advise what we could afford to miss, bearing in mind we are a 27 and 30 year old couple with no children we would really appreciate it as at this rate we need two months, not two weeks!!!

Cheers,

Claire

Hi Claire

Because it will be september the fireworks at MK will not be on very frequently, maybe only Saturday.

Ken

Claire,

As you're staying at RPH I would be tempted to make the very most of being onsite at Universal. Have you stayed onsite there before? The Express Pass, all day, every day, bonus is unbelievable. So too is being within walking/water launch distance of both parks and CityWalk. Staying onsite at USF is even more of a 'total' experience than being onsite at WDW. At WDW, everything is really spread out, so no matter where you stay you are always quite a distance from at least one of the parks. At USF, it is totally different and staying onsite makes a HUGE difference to the whole experience, IMHO. I can't imagine doing USF now without staying onsite.

Boozy nights are obligatory! CityWalk is <i>amazing</i> at night and you can walk back to your hotel room! What more can you ask for? In fact, check me in to the room next to you and we'll party together!

We are staying at HRH during our trip this October and I can't wait to spend time at the Velvet Lounge (bar) and the Palm (restaurant), but I also want to check out PBH and RPH and spend time at CityWalk. We won't even bother with Pleasure Island, although we will probably spend time at the BoardWalk and Downtown Disney.

Are you foodies? Emeril's (CitWalk) and the Palm (HRH) are not to be missed if you are. Tchoup Chop (Emeril's second Orlando restaurant) is due to open at RPH during 'the fall', so probably after you're there. Is this your first Orlando trip? Hard Rock Cafe, is a 'must do' attraction, IMHO - a totally fascinating place. And if you're into live music, check out what's playing at Hard Rock Live whilst you're there - it's a superb venue (although surprisingly, House of Blues at Downtown Disney seems to attract bigger names more frequently).

I love WDW and USF equally. If you have time, you should check out some WDW resorts (AKL and the monorail resorts spring to mind), although if this is your first visit, there is probably too much to take in to be able to do these as well. The ESPN bar at the BoardWalk is great for couples - sit at the bar, set up a tab and watch 'the game' (just ask the locals to explain the rules!). We spend at least one evening per trip doing this (and it's 10 minutes walk to Epcot's International Gateway). Ditto Alchemy Bar at IoA (although we usually do this during the day).

The Illuminations fireworks/laser show at Epcot every night beats the pants off the MK fireworks in my opinion, so that might make you're planning a bit easier if you can skip the MK. Also, Animal Kingdom no longer has an early opening time, and in September will open at 9am.

If you don't want to get all the way to Daytona you could try the Richard Petty experience (same kind of thing: blaze around an oval track at stupid speeds!) which is next door to the MK. See http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wa...hindex?id=RECRichardPettyDrivingExperienceETW for more details.

Regards

Rob

I'd agree with looking at the Richard Petty, it would mean you could have a pool day/afternoon while hubby goes off to play with his cars LOL. As much of the space centre is still limited I would drop this if I was pushed for time. BG has some GREAT rides and is really worth the trip if you like coasters. I would agree also that Epcot's fireworks are much better than MK's, with an early start at AK you could fit them in on the same day, if you have a hopper pass.

Thanks for all the idea's, think we will combine something else with Epcot as we will only probably go to Epcot for a couple of hours late afternoon and to catch the Fireworks.

Yes, it is our first trip. All the bar and restaurent advise is great, nothing worse than picking a bad restaurant as dinner is a main part of the day!!

I'll mention the Richard Petty Experience to Gary but I think he's got his heart set on Daytona now. We can combine it with a beach visit though too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter