Which Planned/ Heavily Rumored Projects will Get Cancelled?

After the poor 3rd quarter results, I bet they're working overtime right now pulling stuff out of their D23 presentation.

The shops look the same and carry the same stuff they have had since 2009 at least. I was kind of excited when I saw they were doing work at Mitsukoshi , but then I went after they were done and it just moved a few things. I get it's tough, there needs to be some familiarity for people that don't go often, and they can't change everything all the time for those that go frequently, but IMO, it is pretty stale walking through WS. Even food and Wine has mostly the same stands with the same food year after year. I guess people love it though so what do I know.

Personally one of my favorite pastimes is browsing the WS shops with a drink. I do see where you’re coming from though they don’t change up the merchandise all that often. I think it comes down to just a matter of personal preference here.

The Nintendo park?

No, Super Nintendo Land is going into Universal Studios Orlando (at least as currently planned). Universal has also announced a third major theme park called Epic Universe. There are no details on what will be included in it at this time.

No, Super Nintendo Land is going into Universal Studios Orlando (at least as currently planned). Universal has also announced a third major theme park called Epic Universe. There are no details on what will be included in it at this time.
Nintendo is going in the new park.

Oh, is it? That was not the original plan though, right?

So far, unless something's been announced in the past 2 days, they hadn't announced anything official. it's been assumed nintendo would end up in the FL park somewhere (most assumed it would be removing the lost continent in IOA, which I still think will happen, but I feel like it'll end up as a WWoHP expansion. The unicorn rollercoaster became the hippogriff one, and dueling dragons became the dragon challenge which again was changed into the new hagrid ride. tbh though im not a coaster rider, i loved the concept of the original dueling dragons & think they should bring it back. Also, the adventures of sinbad closed a year ago so it's basically a dead land at this point as it is.)

Another rumor for the new Epic park is a Universal Classic Monsters land.

It was also rumored to be "Fantastic Universe", but that isn't the case anymore either. There wasn't really anything that was originally leaked, just a photo. The rest was speculation.

The only thing released officially is the name (Universal's Epic Universal), what they are paying the employees, showing the amount of land they have (which is essentially the foot print of the whole area is the same of what they already have which is a lot), the fact that it will have shops, hotels, and restaurants, and a photo of the concept art for the theme park. Nothing else.

Once again, actual attractions and everything else is speculation. It is said that in the meeting they are purposely not telling too much so competition doesn't know what they have in store for the public. Also, it's speculated the reason why they won't give a release date is the fact that first time when they announced the HP land and gave a release date attendance dropped at Universal until the original HP land was opened.

So far, unless something's been announced in the past 2 days, they hadn't announced anything official. it's been assumed nintendo would end up in the FL park somewhere (most assumed it would be removing the lost continent in IOA, which I still think will happen, but I feel like it'll end up as a WWoHP expansion. The unicorn rollercoaster became the hippogriff one, and dueling dragons became the dragon challenge which again was changed into the new hagrid ride. tbh though im not a coaster rider, i loved the concept of the original dueling dragons & think they should bring it back. Also, the adventures of sinbad closed a year ago so it's basically a dead land at this point as it is.)

Another rumor for the new Epic park is a Universal Classic Monsters land.

I thought as originally announced Nintendo was going into US proper in the area near (possibly supplanting) E.T. Certainly we didn't know about a third park then, so maybe they were just playing it close to the vest. It makes total sense to put it in the new park.

Also, a Universal Monsters land would be cool!

I thought as originally announced Nintendo was going into US proper in the area near (possibly supplanting) E.T. Certainly we didn't know about a third park then, so maybe they were just playing it close to the vest. It makes total sense to put it in the new park.

Now that you mention it, yeah i think i do remember that being said somewhere.

Universal never officially announced where Nintendo was going in Orlando. If you look at the concept art for the new park it’s pretty clear the one land is Nintendo.

Universal never officially announced where Nintendo was going in Orlando. If you look at the concept art for the new park it’s pretty clear the one land is Nintendo.

I haven't been paying too close of attention. I was at WDW when the news came out!

It was also rumored to be "Fantastic Universe", but that isn't the case anymore either. There wasn't really anything that was originally leaked, just a photo. The rest was speculation.

The only thing released officially is the name (Universal's Epic Universal), what they are paying the employees, showing the amount of land they have (which is essentially the foot print of the whole area is the same of what they already have which is a lot), the fact that it will have shops, hotels, and restaurants, and a photo of the concept art for the theme park. Nothing else.

Once again, actual attractions and everything else is speculation. It is said that in the meeting they are purposely not telling too much so competition doesn't know what they have in store for the public. Also, it's speculated the reason why they won't give a release date is the fact that first time when they announced the HP land and gave a release date attendance dropped at Universal until the original HP land was opened.

I can imagine “Fantastic universe” might mislead people into thinking it’s a park dedicated solely to Fantastic Beasts... could be confusing marketing.

Either way I don't think Disney cancels anything that we currently know about.

Now will they do everything that they announce at D23... sometimes their plans are more than the finial budgets allow (seems to always be the case).

I can imagine “Fantastic universe” might mislead people into thinking it’s a park dedicated solely to Fantastic Beasts... could be confusing marketing.

That's what a lot of people believe is the reasoning for the change.

Nothing other than the name of the new park is official, but insiders have effectively confirmed the following:

- Concept art of the park released on 8/2 is fairly accurate as to what is intended to be built.
- 4 lands will be Super Nintendo World (originally slated to replace Kids Zone in Universal Studios Florida but moved to the new park), Universal Classic Monsters land (currently rumored to be very similar to Hogsmede in Islands of Adventure with a KUKA-based dark ride in Dracula's Castle reminiscent of Forbidden Journey), a Fantastic Beasts Harry Potter land, and a How To Train Your Dragon land.
- The (very large) hub will contain 3 or more additional rides/attractions (one of which is chasing the title of longest coaster track in the world). Total attraction count for the park may be something on the order of 20+.

Yea nothing was confirmed but was heavily speculated to be going into the kid's area of US. They even got as far as to putting up construction wasll around the whole area and rerouting the ET queue, then took them down with no discernible work being done to anything. So seems liek they were going to put it there but when got approval of the new park they decided to put it in there which makes sense.
There had been rumors of it taking over Lost Continent but htat was more of a Zelda area than the full blown Nintendo land going in now.

I think it's pretty clear now that they're only planning major new attractions around IPs. What would be the IP for Brazil? Unless something's coming down the pipeline that we don't know about, I'd prefer not to have another country with just restaurants and shops. The World Showcase needs rides.

I think it's pretty clear now that they're only planning major new attractions around IPs. What would be the IP for Brazil? Unless something's coming down the pipeline that we don't know about, I'd prefer not to have another country with just restaurants and shops. The World Showcase needs rides.
I personally think that Future World needs more. World Showcase has kind of carried Epcot on its back. Rides would be fine but it's hard to imagine that World Showcase has the space for popular rides, festivals and people just trying to dine.

Time will tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter