Which preferred room location at Coronado Springs?

freshstart19

Mouseketeer
Hello! We booked our hotel late for this visit and didn't have a lot of options available. We last stayed here for our family honeymoon back in August 1997 right after this property opened. MY DH and I went on our honeymoon and then took my daughter on a 2nd family honeymoon. We are going back this year which I'm very excited about. It will be interesting to see what we remember! Since the resort has changed so much, are there preferred locations over others. Our room category is Preferred room. I did do a search and came up with very old data. It will be 3 of us. Our daughter is 16. We will have a car and will be taking the bus to MK and may wind up driving everywhere else. Thanks in advance.

Preferred rooms are all in Casitas 1, 2 or 3 only, so your room will be in one of those buildings. Its our favorite location there, so we always book a preferred room. You'll be close to El Centro and bus stop #2, which is the first bus for pick up and drop off when traveling to the parks.

Preferred rooms are all in Casitas 1, 2 or 3 only, so your room will be in one of those buildings. Its our favorite location there, so we always book a preferred room. You'll be close to El Centro and bus stop #2, which is the first bus for pick up and drop off when traveling to the parks.
are all the casitas pretty much the same? We also have preferred and not sure if location within the casitas matters much.

are all the casitas pretty much the same? We also have preferred and not sure if location within the casitas matters much.

They are the same in terms of look and rooms. But for instance, Casitas 1 and 2 are closer to the parking lot. Casitas 3 is closer to the main walkway inside the resort. Casitas 3 is closest to El Centro. Casitas 2 is closest to the bus stop, but 3 also has rooms close to the bus stop. None of these differences are significant, so I don't ever request one building over the other. It may also depend on what convention is staying there at the time, because the resort tends to block those attendees in these rooms because they are closest to the convention center, and the resort tries to keep the attendees all together.

Last edited:

We have always liked the look of the Casitas area the best but did not like the distance to the Dig Site area. But now that they have built the bridges that cuts across the pond, it's a much shorter walk. When I go to conventions there, I would request Bldg. #3 if the family was with me and if they were not with me(rarely) I requested Bldg #1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts