Which QS for multiple allergies: BOG or Pinocchio Village Haus

lepidop

Earning My Ears
Allergies and intolerances include: gluten, soy, dairy, oats, mushrooms, kale, mustard, artificial sweeteners, food dye, artificial flavors.
I'm trying to decide between breakfast at Be Our Guest and lunch at Pinocchio Village Haus and I'd love to hear about multiple food allergy experiences at both.

Even though BOG is called "quick service" for lunch and breakfast you still need an ADR for it, so if you don't have one, it's a moot discussion. Overall the food is better at BOG though!

You'll never get into BOG without a reservation, which are very difficult to get unless you do it early. Until I read this, I never realized they called it a QS place. I personally don't think it qualifies to be called such.

I was able to get an early reservation for BOG. I've had dinner there when it was relatively new and it was a bit disappointing because they weren't very accommodating of my allergies even though I'd spoken to the chef in advance. The chef I spoke to wasn't there the night we arrived, and hadn't passed on the information to the one who was there. It is a beautiful place, but the chef wasn't terribly knowledgeable about allergies and I ended up with a very boring meal. I was hoping for a do-over.

Is there anyone here who has dined for breakfast at Be Our Guest with multiple food allergies?

Most quick service places just give you the book (which lists all the ingredients) or the allergy menu. I don't think most of them are equiped to handle custom meals. You best bet would be to evaluate the menus in advance to see if there is anything on the menu to meet your needs, or stick with table service places.

I ate lunch there. My allergies were not listed on the allergy free menu so I asked to speak to the chef when I got to the cash register and he came out to talk to me. There were several items on the menu for me and the chef was super nice and accommodating.

My boys have extensive food allergies and they eat quite well at Be Our Guest. They have more options than a regular QS because of the set up being a TS restaurant for dinner. And also unlike the other QS you can speak with an actual chef not just a manager. They are really good with food allergies here, so BoG would be my vote.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter