Which resort for solo traveler?

BetsyAnn

Mouseketeer
Which resort do all of you Disney experts think work well for the solo traveler? Why? Are you will to pay more for a sense of safety?

Thanks for all your input!

I have a feeling almost any Disney resort would be fine. I always stay at PO-R when I go solo simply because it seems the most restful to me. The only thing I insist on when I go solo, however, is an upper floor room. Just don't feel comfortable on the first floor when I'm solo.

Hi BetsyAnn!

I like Simba's Mom idea, because I've stayed at Port O'leans Riverside. I also like the Wilderness Lodge because you're on the lake, there's a great lobby and various cubby holes to sit and relax and onsite restaurants.

I'm sure that there are many others that I can think of, but I haven't stayed at them yet.

Anyone else? Ray :)

This is a easy one for me....I've gone on a few solo trips and in 10 days I
will be there again. I always go to the allstar music. The reason is that for
some reason I have met so many great people there. I have never worried
about the safety and you just can't beat the price. My thoughts are very straight
forward...why should I pay alot for a great room if I am not there to enjoy it.
If I wanted to go to disney to relax by a pool and also relax in a great room
(wait a minute....why go to disney to relax)......

If you ever feel unsafe....bring it to someones attention asap......don't wait.

Now as for your trip, you go and have yourself a fabulous time....

:smooth:

I'm going to AKL for 2 days. It looks like a great place to stay solo. There will be plenty of opportunity to hang around the resort and take everything in!

So far, my only solo trips have been to PO-R, and it was wonderful!
I always have been in the AB section because it is so peaceful and
relaxing. I would think almost any Disney resort would be perfect
for solo. I find that The All Stars are way too busy and noisy for
me. When I have a very busy day in the parks, I need peace and
quiet and a relaxing atmosphere at my resort at night.

I stayed at POR and AKL last May and felt very safe in both. Next trip is POR again...I just love the peacefulness of it. In May it was not crowded there.

I had a great relaxing time at the Dolphin! Had a nice size room and balcony. I brought some 2-liters and chips to snack on, as well as my portable cd-player in case I wanted to lounge on the balcony and have some tunes in the background. :) It was very relaxing.

On solo trips, I have stayed at the GF, BWV, WL, BC, CR, and PO-FQ. I felt equally safe at the FQ as I did at the deluxes. And I enjoyed it as much. (The theming is just great, and the beds were way comfortable!) I would think that all Disney resorts would be safe. :)

BetsyAnn - I've stayed solo at PO-Riverside and BC and DH has stayed solo at BWV studio and CSR. We enjoyed all of our trips. I would just pick the resort that appeals to you the most and fits your budget, and go for it! You might take into consideration which parks you plan on visiting the most (to be near them).

Another vote for POR. I like to spread out (especially while on vacation), so the All Stars are too small for me, but the deluxes would be too big for me. The moderates are the perfect size for a solo traveler. It is so relaxing for me to come back to the resort and go for a walk along the Sassagoula river! :)

On my solo trips, I have stayed at AS Sports, OKW, BWV, and AKL (just cameback). AKL is a good bet for a solo traveler, as there is plenty to do and see around the resort. In addition it is a "secure" resort, which means vehicles not belonging to WDW or resort guests are not allowed on the resort property (no pool hopping allowed at this pool). Non-AKL guests can still access the resort via Disney Transportation.

I have never not felt safe at any Disney Resort. They seem to always take the extra effort to ensure the safety of their guests.

I've never made a solo trip (but I really, really want to). My husband and I stayed at the Swan last May. There seemed to be fewer children there and that was a plus for us. We like kids but.....

I loved the location and they have a great rate for AP holders, teacher's and government workers (this is not an ad ;) )

I think any Disney resort would be great for a solo traveller.

Katholyn

BetsyAnn: I stayed as a solo both at the AsMu and the Dolphin. Both were great, each on its own way. AsMu's room was comfortable and perfect for a single guest. Food court was nice.
The Dolphin, of course, is a deluxe and it has a wonderful location. It was wonderful to be able to roam around the BW and then be quickly back to my own room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!