Which resort is best with kids and theme parks?

CHOPR

"God I love baseball" The Natural
I am new to DVC with closing at SSR in Sept. 2005. SSR is beautiful but seems to be a place to go with older kids or without kids. Mine are 11 ,10 and 4 years old and we still go commando on the parks. I have been unsuccessful slowing my DW down at WDW :earsgirl: . Which resorts are best for the parks with a couple of relaxing days mixed in? We visited BWV and SSR the last trip but did not stay onsite. I have yet to step foot in any of the other DVC resorts and would be deciding from the photos and this forum. In the end i'm sure we will hit all of them with at least one trip a year but feel SSR can wait a couple of years . I doubt the 7 mos. window will be a problem because we do not visit in the prime season. I have been reading this forum since joining DVC and have been well informed on the ins/outs of DVC. Also, we normally rent a car but I think that's going to change with DVC and do not want any long trips on a bus to the parks.

All of the resorts are fabulous, and my kids (8 and 10) have loved every one of them!! Depending on which parks you will visit most often, VWL is closest to the MK (by boat), and BWV and BCV are closest to Epcot and MGM (by boat or walking). Good luck in choosing, you cannot go wrong!

Epcot - BCV
Studio - BWV
MK - VWL
AK - OKW (okay - but since you take the bus from all the resorts - I think it is just as fast)

DD - SSR

I'd say it's a toss-up between BCV and BWV. I think the determining factor is how often are you going to think about swimming? If you're wanting to do a bunch, then I'd go BCV just for the access to SAB.

Both resorts offer close proximity to Epcot and MGM. I don't think either one is a favorite over the other on this point. We have stayed at BCV the last two trips and have enjoyed the boat ride over to MGM. Very relaxing.

HAVE FUN!!

When my kids were that age yes they wanted a day off from the parks but that did not mean sitting around. They loved Boardwalk the best because of the rec center. Free ping pong, Intendo, pin ball and air hockey and of course the pool. Not to mention the action at night with free entertainment or course you don't have to par take in it.

If you have girls that are not interested in games like above nothing can beat the pool at Beach Club. But getting in there is another story.

More relaxing for the adults I think would be OKW, Wilderness Vills and Saratoga. Still really nice pools, pay to play arcades, just more laid back.

Our family is into swimming & water. We stayed at BC (pre BCV days) when my DD was 3. We loved Stormalong Bay especially my DD who stayed on the sandbar all the time. When we could still pool hop to SAB we stayed at BWV, but now were splitting our stays between the 2 just so we can enjoy a few days at SAB. We really enjoy BWV because of all the action right at the BW. BCV seems a little more laid back.

Thanks for the info. We'll have to take a look at BCV even if we don't stay there. I've heard alot about the pool there SAB. 49 years of WDW ahead of us!

we just got back from SSR last week. lovely resort, much better than i had anticipated. loved the zero entry pool for our 3yr old. they have a toddler pool slide, i had never seen that mentioned here and was delighted to see it! ds loved it.

anyway, we are BWV owners and i did miss the easy park access! not having to take a bus/drive to two parks is one of my favorite things about the BWV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter