• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

which resort Polyenesian or beach club

The Polynesian is a great resort. It has so much to offer that you can plan on spending an entire day, just at the resort. The pool is fabulous. The Luao is a great dinner show. The Magic Kingdom fireworks are spectacular from the Polynesian. All that being said, even though we have not stayed at the BC, we have stayed at other Epcot area resorts and we love being able to walk to Epcot. Also, Boardwalk has a lot to offer! Either way, you can't lose.

I had the same problem choosing between the two, and we ended up deciding the YC/BC area because it seems more centerally located, we love Epcot (or at least I do...DF(fiance!) hasnt been yet), and its right next to practically everything! We are still going to go walk around the poly, eat there, relax on the beach if we want, so it really isnt a huge deal.

WDW2000 told me in another post (the YC/BC question answer post) the following :

I have stayed at both Poly and YC and prefer the YC simply because Epcot and MGM Studios are my favorite parks, and I'm not a big fan of the Magic Kingdom. Both are walking distance or short boat ride away from the YC. I also love the fact that you are guaranteed a full balcony at the YC which is a major plus for me also, not to mention the best swimming complex in all WDW. Beaches and Creme is also my favorite eating place and I LOVE the fitness center. I do prefer the theme at POLY better , but the location of YC can't be beat.

Also, here is a link to another thread that I started yesterday that people are still replying too...good luck with your decision!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=226696

We have stayed at both, and they are really hard to choose between.

I think it depends mainly on who is with you. If you have smaller children, and will be at MK alot, then Poly would be the better one to choose because of its easy access with the monorail. When my 2 yr old fell asleep in the stroller on Main Street, we were back in our room within 10 minutes, and didn't have to take him out, or move him at all. If you like to go back to your room alot and will be spending MOST of your time at MK then choose Poly.

However, the pool and other amenities at B&YC and that area are, IMHO, better. Also We love to go to the different lands in Epcot and eat so this is easier here. It just depends mainly on your crowd.

Good Luck.

But the way to decide I think boils down to which park you prefer...If you like the MK then go with the poly...if you plan to spend most of your time at epcot then go with the BC!!!

WHichever you chose it'll be a good choice!

Depending on how long you're staying, you could split your stay between the two like we are doing.

Great thread - I was wondering the same thing. We just recently stayed at the Polynesian & loved it, but visited the Yacht/Beach Club & boardwalk area & thought that looked like a really fun place to stay too.

Daisymeo - I would love to know how it works out splitting your visit between the two. Hope you'll post when you get back. Have a wonderful trip.

I've stayed at both (without kids) and greatly preferred BC. If you have small kids, the Poly maybe better, it's pool is smaller and is close to MK. If you have older kids, they would probably prefer Stormalong Bay. If it's just adults, the YC/BC/BW area is great, lots of restaurant choices, walk to Epcot, plus Stormalong Bay.

I would choose the BC.
We have stayed at both. Most recently at Poly LV concierge.
We will go back to the BC next time. The Poly and BC offer the same things as far as great restaurants and things to do but overall, the BC wins. You cannot beat the pool area. It's so easy to walk into EPCOT. The boat to MGM is so easy. It's so pleasant to walk the Boarwalk in the evening.

My family (DS 8 and DD 7) has also stayed at both resorts and enjoyed them a lot. However, we were recently at the Poly in June with all the rain and it became a pain to have to go out in the rain to get to the main part of the resort. We were in the Tahiti building which was very nice, it just seemed too far away from things. We will miss the monorail but we want to try the Boardwalk Inn next summer.

I think it depends where you will spend the most time. If you will be at MK a lot, then stay at Poly.

If you are planning on spending time at Epcot, then BC.

I would choose Beach Club.

We have stayed at both and and before the BC the Poly was our favorite. Hands down! BUT NOWWWWWW....we love the BC.....several of the things that make us love it are...a less than 5 minute walk to EPCOT....love to stroll around the Boardwalk.....love to lay on the beach in front of the BC...love Storm Along Bay....love the cool crisp decorations of the hotel....love riding the boats to and from places! Try the BC..you might just love it too!

I can't make up my mind between the two either. I currently have the Poly booked. I can't decide if I prefer the view of the MK from the beach and being on the monorail, seeing the EWP, laid-back island atmosphere; or being able to walk to Epcot and being able to swim at SAB, the BW being next door, having all rooms in one building, seaside theming.....decisions, decisions. At least I havea while to decide;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter