Which resort SOLO

My favorite resort to stay in solo is Coronado Springs. I love the new rooms (and the tower), and it just feels like a high end stay, despite the fact that I can always get a great deal. The quiet pools are beautiful, and the restaurants and lounges are often full of other adults and convention visitors. I know many people prefer the smaller resorts, but I enjoy an evening walk around the lake through the pretty landscaping, which really isn't as possible at a more compact resort. Finally...it has a spa. A nice spa. Soooo relaxing. There's not a huge amount of room to go wrong in your choice, though, even my worst experience at a Disney resort was still at Disney ;)

My favorite resort to stay in solo is Coronado Springs. I love the new rooms (and the tower), and it just feels like a high end stay, despite the fact that I can always get a great deal.
would you share your tips for getting a great deal at Coronado Springs?

would you share your tips for getting a great deal at Coronado Springs?
Sure! There's two things I usually try, the first is to check the convention calendar (sometimes this a deep dive google search, and other times you can find it easily). If there's a convention when I'll be there, the price usually (in my experience) drops right after the last pre-registration day for the convention. The other thing I'll try is the old trick of clearing your cache or logging in as someone else. Generally though, even without those tips, I've found that closer to the travel date, Coronado is less expensive than the other moderates, even when it is the same price further out. I hope that helps!

Thank you! Those are great tips!

Female soloists may feel better and safer where there is an attached lobby/check-in area especially if you would be out late hours.
Not this one! I have stayed at Pop solo numerous times, Coronado Springs, offsite, and am renting points at BCV in May. I have never felt unsafe.

I've done so many solo Disney trips I can't even count them all. I'm DVC so I book all my stays at the various DVC resorts which I absolutely love. I know that not everyone is a DVC member and the cost of staying at a deluxe resort may not be in everyones budget. I believe if my daughter was staying at POP I would probably stay at the same resort.

If I were traveling solo, a balcony for evening drinks and chill out time would be mandatory. That means deluxe. If I couldn't afford deluxe, then I wouldn't go. That's how important a balcony would be to me. (Or I would go offsite for the balcony, which I would consider depending upon other factors.)

Just something else to consider.

My daughter found out that one of the trips will be the last week of April 2021, but doesnt have exact dates yet. Since the group will be missing school, I can only assume it will be a very short trip. Unless its the beginning or latter part of the week, where we can extend the trip on the weekend, I dont expect to stay any extra time, havig her miss more school days.

Since her trip to DC this year was the Fri before April vacation (3rd week of April), I will also assume her chorus group will go the same week in 2021. If this is really the case, Im not going to be a happy camper with us having to go once, then come back for a few days then go back to MCO.

Whichever is the longer of the trips, I think I have narrowed it down to either YC, Boardwalk Inn or Sarasota Springs. If she is performing at DS, SS would be a great resort and I have never been there, which is a bonus. Boardwalk is close to Epcot, where I will probably be dining every night, and best of the boat locations. There is a 25% chance my adult son might join to go to SWGE...not sure.

Still undecided on the shorter trip (If there is such a thing). Has anyone ever stayed in the cabins at Ft Wilderness? I never have. Thinking maybe it would be cool to stay there to walk around the grounds in the mornings/evenings.

The only issue I have with the cabins is that you have to take an internal bus to the front, then a bus to get to a park (or I guess bus to the boat dock and then over to MK/monorail). Having stayed at the Treehouse Villas before I find it to be a pain to have to take two modes of transport to get where I'm going.

The only issue I have with the cabins is that you have to take an internal bus to the front, then a bus to get to a park (or I guess bus to the boat dock and then over to MK/monorail). Having stayed at the Treehouse Villas before I find it to be a pain to have to take two modes of transport to get where I'm going.

If I have a car rental, would that eliminate a bus, or both? I know there is a large lot, then I take a bus to the HDDR (and BBQ :( ) I remember passing the cabins on the bus, but I dont remember if cars were on that Rd.

Has anyone ever stayed in the cabins at Ft Wilderness? I never have. Thinking maybe it would be cool to stay there to walk around the grounds in the mornings/evenings.
Twice now. But never solo. Love the cabins and love, love, love the Ft. Wilderness area. On both morning and evening strolls I saw deer out and about.

Solo, I've been to OKW, Saratoga, and Wilderness. By myself, Wilderness Lodge would be my favorite, especially with the newer bar/grill that is lakeside. It's very comfortable, you can walk around, but you're never far from anything you might need. In addition to taking the boat to MK, you can also take the other boat in a loop around the lake, which is very relaxing. You can also get to the Contemporary easily by the boat, and the Wave lounge is great for solo dining.

I loved POFQ, so I booked my second trip there (coming in 3 weeks). Any of the value resorts are going to be packed with kids. I stayed at Caribbean Beach once to get free dining, and I found it way too big to be enjoyable.

I stayed at AKL last trip in a Jambo House Deluxe Studio Savannah View. It was my favorite room as a single person. One bed, a couch, a balcony, and little kitchen area with a microwave. It's like a mini studio apartment. But at over $500/night it was hard to justify the cost.

POFQ unfortunately charges you extra if you only want 1 bed in the room (King size). And they have so few that they were sold out before I booked either trip staying there. I rent a ECV and would rather have more space in the room to store it than an unused extra bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!