Which resort?

Drea2500

Earning My Ears
I'm planning a trip for next year (2019) for the Epcot Food and Wine Festival. It's going to be a celebration trip for when I graduate nursing school (next May). I'm starting to plan the trip so I can start saving money. I know prices aren't out yet for next year and probably won't be out until later this summer, so I know a lot of my numbers will be a little different when prices come out.

I will be traveling with my husband, myself, my two children (at the time they will be 2 1/2 and 10-11 months old), and my mom. I really want to stay on site as I love being immersed in the magic. I'm looking at my options both through the official Disney site and the DVC request website. And I think I've narrowed it down a bit. I'm thinking either the All-Star Music family suite or the deluxe studio at the Polynesian (through DVC request). Both are comparable in price with just a few hundred dollar difference. Again I know prices change but as of right now they are similar. The Polynesian has the perks of the monorail and Ohana (our favorite restaurant) while the all star music suites are closer to the front lobby and better theming for children.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm also open to other suggestions for other resorts as well! The only reason I didn't list Art of Animation in my selections is because it is a little more pricier than I'd like. But I'm not opposed to it!

For children that age they’ll be happy anywhere. There are several perks of staying at Poly. You can walk to TTC for Epcot monorail. There’s something extra magical about seeing The Castle from your resort. You can watch MK fireworks and Electric Water Parade from the beach.
Even though you’re going for Epcot F&W, with young ones you’ll prob be spending a fair amount of time at MK where you’ll have easier transportation with monorail or boat.
Pool is grad. Entry.
And Poly is jut a nicer experience than AllStars.

Personally, I think three adults and two kids in a Poly Studio would be a bit of a squeeze. We stayed there with two adults and three kids and it felt tight. There's no doubt that the Poly is a lot nicer than All Star Music, but I also think that just from a square footage perspective, a suite would be better and more comfortable for everyone, plus you get two full bathrooms. And they've not released any dates yet, but they're refurbing All Star Movies right now and All Star Music is next. By the time you go, they may have refurbished the suites at Music, which I'm guessing would make it a lot more of an attractive option.

there is more than enough room for your travel party, considering your children are very young.
the poly studio villas look like this:

Studio-Floor-Plan-Disneys-Polynesian-Villas-and-Bungalows-from-**************.net_1.jpg

wherever you choose, i hope you and your family have a magical time! early congratulations on nursing school, btw!

The studio would be too close for comfort for me with that family make-up, but if that doesn't bother you, I would choose Poly. For proximity to parks, amenities, restaurants, pools, etc., it's just a far better resort than ASMu. The only thing ASMu has going for it is the space the suite would offer. Otherwise, it doesn't compare to Poly in any way, shape or form. IMHO, the Poly theming is just as good, if not better, for kids.

Thanks for your input guys! I keep leaning back to the Poly just because of the different transportation options besides busses. And if we need to hop back to resort from magic kingdom or epcot it's just a monorail (or two) back. Also my son LOVES Moana (at least for right now) and the music. I know they don't have much Moana stuff at the Poly (at least last time I was there) but he would enjoy it more I think.

With your family make up, I would choose the family suite. There's nothing like having a door between you and the kids to provide distance and privacy for everyone. Studios are nice when the kids are a bit older but definitely not something that I would want to do with 3 adults, a toddler and an infant! Look at the floor plan that was posted above. Now imagine that sofa bed opened up and a pack 'n play crammed in there somewhere as well. That coffee table...it has to be moved somewhere. The table and chairs...plan on not being able to use them with all of that stuff in the way. And storage for your luggage, stroller and whatnot? It's gonna be tight.

Go with more space. Save the Poly for another trip. It's going to be there for a long time. Do it when it's just the two of you or the two of you plus the kids.

If you are okay with everyone in a studio at Poly, IMHO Poly is a great choice. As others have said, with the ages of your kids, you’ll be spending a fair amount of time at MK. And even though the monorails have had some technical glitches, they typically are much quicker than the buses. Plus, the theming at Poly is beautiful!

I would also pick the Poly. The Poly is so relaxing at night. You can sit on the beach and watch and listen to the Fireworks since they pipe in the music. It is such a unique experience. It truly makes a wonderful ending to a hectic day at the parks. Seeing the Tiki lamps lit at night - it just is lovely.

Congrats on graduation nursing school !
My DD is a RN - BS in Nursing with a 3.47 /4.0 average, from a top 10 nursing school in the USA
She got a great job in a pediatric office at $50 an hour !

Apply to jobs once you are out of school
Do not delay
Lots of students are going to be RN's with a BS in Nursing in the NE USA
If you live in an area like TN, there is a need for RN's.

Once accepting a job, just tell them you have a vacation planed for a week in October or December.
Employers will accommodate pre-planned weeks.

Goof Luck !

I think the poly is a great choice, my only advice is to book 11 months out with DVC rental. I've struggled getting studios through a DVC rental unless it's 11 months out.

Plan on booking that Polynesian studio at 11 months out for F&W. So for next October, you'll need to book it in November. For next November, you'll need to book it in December. And you will need every bit of the 11 months. You will probably pay in full as well at that time. Should you need the dining plan, you'll need to pay that in full when you add it to the reservation.

I personally would pick ASMu... Two full bathrooms! Your mom could have one to herself and you will also have much more room to spread out. You can also put the little ones down for a nap in one room and have a whole other space to relax/watch tv without disturbing them. The pools are great for little ones, too. Also - keep in mind that they won't remember this trip at all, so maybe it's better to save the deluxe resort for a trip they will remember.

Personally, we always looked at the trips to WDW as a vacation. We wanted it to be a vacation for everyone, We started traveling to WDW when our youngest was 8 months old. Theming at the age of your children is not registered the same way you are thinking of it. Being at Disney period will place your 2.5 year old in a world of fascination period, no matter where you are staying...then add the Electric Water Pageant and more. At the Poly, just point to the castle. We have stayed club level for a lot of reasons in the past and mainly when our children were very young. The lounge, the food/drink, the ability to have a place to hang out at various times of the day; especially if your children will take naps. Also, we maintained the same sleep patterns as they had at home. Some people got until kids or parents go into melt-down mode. You typically see them everywhere...got to get their money's worth regardless. MK is #1 park for your oldest child. Poly is ideally located. Easy to get to MK [ferry, monorail, resort yacht(remember the naps)]. Two of these options you can roll a stroller right on (bus/yacht you fold and carry...unless you are renting). This provides the daddy pack mule a break (time/effort). We can say Poly rooms also get pretty dark with the shades pulled. You can walk to GF or take the monorail (direction based upon time of day) or yacht(long option)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter