Which Resorts Christmas Decor?

may1787

Mouseketeer
I want to take a day to tour the resort Christmas décor. What resorts don't have any specifically interesting décor and which can't I miss?

I want to take a day to tour the resort Christmas décor. What resorts don't have any specifically interesting décor and which can't I miss?
Definitely don't miss GF, WL and AKL Jambo. CR and Poly also have plenty of fun stuff.

We take a day every year to tour the resort decorations. This has become a family tradition that we look forward to but it does take a whole day to enjoy everything and not be rushed. The monorail resorts are a must see then on to Wilderness Lodge. We usually take a break at Wilderness Lodge to grab a lobby seat and enjoy the tree and atmosphere. Next up the EPCOT resorts. These resorts always have beautiful and some have "tasty" displays. Our final stop is Animal Kingdom Lodge usually via boat to Disney Studios and then bus to the resort. I feel this resort is a double pleasure to view the beautiful lobby tree and stroll along the path outside the back of the lobby to view animals. We grab lunch somewhere along the way as needed. It makes for a great non-park day but still very Disney. Have a great time!

A couple of years ago we did a Christmas resort tour. We were staying at WL, which has the absolute best Christmas decorations and vibes of all the resorts. GF was great as well, very elegant and the gingerbread house was fun. We were there when the woman who was in charge of the house was doing a gingerbread house demonstration and that was cool to watch. I was disappointed in Polynesian and Contemporary, although the giant gingerbread display at CR is worth it and smells delicious. AKL is worth the trip to check out. Gorgeous tree and they do a great job fitting Christmas decorations into the theming.

Also check out Yacht and Beach. One lobby has a gingerbread carousel the changes theme every year and the other had a cute little like, winter town display. Don’t know if that’s there every year but worth a shot.

At the moderates the decorations fall off a bit in terms of how decorated the resorts are. They still look great, but are mostly limited to a lobby tree and garland. We did like French Quarter’s decorations and the jazzy Christmas music was fun.

We didn’t hit the value resorts so I can’t comment on them, although I know they at least get trees.

So I don't need to visit Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Caribbean Beach Resort, or Coronado Springs? Anyone been there during Christmas time? I love photography for décor is a must.

So I don't need to visit Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Caribbean Beach Resort, or Coronado Springs? Anyone been there during Christmas time? I love photography for décor is a must.

They are all decorated, but don't have the added displays that the MK and Epcot area resorts due (gingerbread displays, holiday train displays, etc). Personally I love all the white poinsettias at CSR at Christmas, but I don't know that I'd make a trip there just to see them. It is lovely when you're staying there, though.

Another vote for Wilderness Lodge. It is truly spectacular when it is decorated for Christmas. We stayed there last Thanksgiving and chose to return this Thanksgiving because we enjoyed the atmosphere and decorations (especially the tree...it's magnificent!) so much.

WE like to split our touring up into days and evening touring. The resorts are pretty darn awesome during the holidays, so we will often plan lunch at one resort while touring during the morning, and then dinner at another for the "evening" tour. We enjoy the boat ride at night so will often choose the monorail line for evening, and start at the WL.

If you can hit AKL, it has a stunning tree in the lobby.

Are there certain resorts that are "better" in the evening or daytime?
We will have almost a full day (a Monday, if it matters) with no plans because our plane doesn't leave until 9 pm. I had planned to use that time to tour the resorts, but wasn't sure if it's a lot more magical at night?
We will be staying at YC, so we had planned to use Monday to visit the MK area resorts.
We also have a Friday night available (plane lands around 5:30 so I think we will arrive at YC around 7 pm) so we could use that night to tour resorts too...
Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Edited to add, we'd also like to add a quick trip to AKL to check out the decor, was thinking Friday night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!