Which resorts for a Christmas split stay?

chimpwars

Earning My Ears
Last Disney trip was 3 or 4 years ago! So much new stuff to see & do.

I'd like to book soon but am so divided on where to stay! Planing on a 10night stay over Christmas/New Years. I am thinking Wilderness Lodge over Christmas as few nights (maybe 4?) then Contemporary??? Just because it is SO convenient! Also am considering the Beach Club -would be great if it happens to be warm in December!
anyways-whats your thoughts?

I'm also very torn about adding dining! kids will be 11 & 15 yo at time of trip. Currently the younger wants to do Chef Mickeys, but I'm not sure we really would do too many character meals. One thought is perhaps do Club level for the short stay just for fun, and then not do dining the other split stay. But I'm just starting to think things thru!

We previously have stayed at the Coronado (hated it!!! just too big-now that was years ago and we have a toddler, so perhaps with older kids I'd be ok.
Contemporary-it was nice!
Club at Animal Kingdom-pampered and loved it, it is longer to get to the parks though. Always thought we would go back and maybe stay 2 nights at the end of a stay to decompress.
Port Orleans-thought it was great, no complaints, it was very cold so we didn't swim or even do the carriage rides-also I think we only did a 5 night stay so not a lot of time to do everything.
Caribbean Beach resort-18 yrs ago-got engaged there, so way before kids etc!

If I had unlimited funds to bring my brood to any resort over Christmas, it would be the Grand Floridian. It is just gorgeous over Christmastime. The gingerbread house made of real gingerbread where you can actually buy gingerbread is awesome, and the tree...OMG...stunning.

All of the deluxes are so beautiful at Christmas, but the Grand would be my first choice. The second would probably be the Polynesian because we just love it there. Although, we might want a couple days at Stormalong Bay, so Beach Club would be nice.

We went many years ago at Christmas, and the temps were in the high 70's-low 80's, plenty warm enough for swimming. But, I do know that December is inconsistent in Florida.

I, personally, would do a split between Wilderness Lodge and one of the Boardwalk resorts. Close to MK for part of the trip and then close to HS and EP for part of the trip.

Sounds like a fantastic trip!

Staying in the Magic kingdom area for the first part of your trip would be nice and convenient! And then maybe ending with Animal Kingdom resort for some truly amazing down time and hitting up the other parks.

I would think about how you want to conquer the parks during that stay and also think about where you want to spend NYE and then pick resorts from there. Personally, I would do an EP/MK split. If you want to be in MK on NYE, I would do Contemporary for the last half of the stay so you can simply walk back and forth to MK. If you simply want to see the MK fireworks on NYE, I would probably book GF or Poly so you can see the fireworks from the beach or boat dock area. If you want to do EP on NYE, book BC/YC or BWI then. During that week, it's all about ease of transportation access to where you want to go, IMHO, so I would think about your days first and then pick resorts from there. EP/MK splits do make accessing DHS/EP and MK very easy!

I'd split WL and an Epcot resort. Boat ride to MK. Walk to Epcot and HS, easy bus ride to AK. All the resorts are dressed up for Christmas so you really can't go wrong.

As far as dining plan, can't help you there, we don't do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter