Which resturant is good for a B-day and which ones do what for you on your B-day?

Any restaurant is good for a birthday..but none of them "officially" really do anything for a birthday. You can hope they do and be surprised..but don't expect anything.

You can purchase a cake if you want at most sit down restaurants.

Chef Mickey's is the only one the kind of officially does a birthday--they do a birthday celebration sometime within every hour (I forget the frequency--but it is enough that worst case--you will have one at the beginning or end of dinner. Since it is a buffet--any other time is no biggy).

The restaurant has a decorate your own cupcake station--but for the birthday honorees--the characters come and bring the birthday person a cupcake that is all decked out--and the birthday person is given a chance for a photo with character and cake. Though all the characters are available at some point for photos--if you want the birthday cupcake photo with a specific character, you will need to notate that you want to sit in the character's section on your PS. For the birthday celebration--only the characters assigned to that section come around for the party.

Remind the host/hostess again when you arrive. They have Chip and Dale and Mickey--but I forget the rest of the characters. Tell them on your PS about DS's b-day and again when you sign in. He will also get a special birthday place mat at his table setting (it is covered in lamination and can be reused--though it isn't very strong--still makes a nice souvenir).

IF you go around the dinner hour--plan travel carefully and get there about 20 minutes or so. For DD4 2nd birthday--we arrive about 5 minutes before our 5pm PS only to find a line--and we had to wait in that line--they were backed up as people do show up for standby. Once we had our pager--it wasn't that long to get our table. DD loved it--and older kids will as well. Heck, I'd go back for my birthday :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter