Which Rose and Crown reservation would be best for Illuminations?

JennyMP03

DIS Veteran
I have one for 5/8 at 8 PM and one for 7:35 on 5/9. I hate holding up a reservation someone else may need so I’m trying to decide so I can release one.

We’ve never tried to see Illuminations from Rose and Crown, but I’ve read to ask at check in for a patio table and to be willing to wait. Illuminations is at 9 both nights, but EP has EMH from 9-11 on 5/8, when I have the 8 PM reservation.

Which one would you recommend keeping?

I have one for 5/8 at 8 PM and one for 7:35 on 5/9. I hate holding up a reservation someone else may need so I’m trying to decide so I can release one.

We’ve never tried to see Illuminations from Rose and Crown, but I’ve read to ask at check in for a patio table and to be willing to wait. Illuminations is at 9 both nights, but EP has EMH from 9-11 on 5/8, when I have the 8 PM reservation.

Which one would you recommend keeping?

Please still ask, but in recent years, we've seen more reports that they won't let you wait. You either take what is available or cancel. Just be forewarned and ready for that answer.

This is really a toss-up and I keep changing my mind as to which one to recommend.

8:00 means you'll definitely be in the restaurant (or outside on the patio) when Illuminations begins, so you at least get to use their private patio for viewing. BUT, if you're seated inside, that could also mean you're in the middle of your meal when it begins, and your food gets cold while you're watching.

7:30 gives you time to wait for outside if they let you or for a table at all if they're running behind. BUT you could still be in the middle of your meal when it's time OR they seat you immediately and you now have to stretch your meal time to last the hour and a half until Illuminations starts.

Are you planning on doing apps, entrees, and desserts or are you just an entrée type family? What are thinking for the actual meal?

Please still ask, but in recent years, we've seen more reports that they won't let you wait. You either take what is available or cancel. Just be forewarned and ready for that answer.

This is really a toss-up and I keep changing my mind as to which one to recommend.

8:00 means you'll definitely be in the restaurant (or outside on the patio) when Illuminations begins, so you at least get to use their private patio for viewing. BUT, if you're seated inside, that could also mean you're in the middle of your meal when it begins, and your food gets cold while you're watching.

7:30 gives you time to wait for outside if they let you or for a table at all if they're running behind. BUT you could still be in the middle of your meal when it's time OR they seat you immediately and you now have to stretch your meal time to last the hour and a half until Illuminations starts.

Are you planning on doing apps, entrees, and desserts or are you just an entrée type family? What are thinking for the actual meal?

I'll keep that in mind regarding the limitations on waiting. In fact, I wondered if maybe the 7:35 would be better because it's on a non-EMH night-- maybe more people would be in the park and the restaurant for EMH, and thus waiting for a table less likely to be permitted?

It's just me and my husband, but I was planning on stretching it if we do the 7:35. An appetizer to share, entrees, dessert to share, and maybe drinks if needed.

My apologies for bumping this thread, but I remain conflicted and really want to let one of these reservations go so someone else can have it. Hoarding reservations makes me feel like a villain.

Anyone else have any input? I'm leaning toward keeping the 7:35 but still not quite sure.

If u have park hoppers or a longer trip, I would be more likely to choose the EMH night. I like more hours to stroll World Showcases. But I am a go go go type person.

With base tickets though, I usually avoid EMH parks.

We have done this on every trip- and usually have a reservation between 7:00 and 7:30. I would arrive around 7:15 to check in, let them know your preference and that you are willing to wait. By arriving early, there is a better chance they can accommodate you. As a PP said, it is not a guarantee. You may still be turned down and have to eat inside, but even then you can watch from the reserved patio area the restaurant has for people dining inside. However, we have found that arriving early and being polite usually helps!

One the thing I will note- our meals typically take 2 hours there. The service is always slow. We don't mind because we are there to watch the show and relax. I only mention it because I sometimes see people talk about others making an earlier reservation and "hogging the table" until the show starts. Rose and Crown definitely has a more leisurely pace to its dinner service.

We had a reservation at 7 PM with the show starting at 9:30. We were on the dxDDP and we asked at check in for a view of the lake. We ended up being out in a outside type of section that was covered and had heat lamps. We let our waitress know our intention and she said she would stacker our meal so that our dessert would come out when the show was about to start and that she would raise the covering so we could see as long as we didn’t mind the cold. It was about 35 degrees that night. It was a great experience and our waitress was outstanding and even though we were automatically charged a tip we gave her a very generous extra tip to compensate for her table not being flipped. We had a great time but did miss some of the higher fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter