Which scooter is recommended

I am trying to decide between 3 wheels or 4 wheels.
What do you thinks?

I liked both for different reasons and different situations.

But now, I prefer my FoldandGoWheelchair.

A long time ago, I wanted to stop paying for the use of the WDW ECV's. Especially when I found it difficult to walk back from the WDW park to my resort room.

So I rented a heavy-duty ECV that at the time was 4-wheel mobility scooter.

I loved going everywhere inside WDW property.

At the time, using a had a smaller turning radius, for instance making 180-degree turns in the queue lines.

When I bought a mobility scooter it was a more advanced heavy-duty 3-wheel mobility scooter that had a greater turning radius, especially making sharp 90-degree turns to get on public buses at home.

Pride Revo (SC63) 3-wheel mobility scooter

When going to work, the 3-wheel mobility scooter was not as steady on broken sidewalks or ramps when driving from a flat service to a slanted surface like the ramp at a crosswalk or on a WDW bus ramp.

When the front steering wheel turns in the direction from one surface to another, depending on the circumstances Sometimes the 3-wheel mobility scooter would tilt in the direction of the steering wheel. Not a good feeling in a busy intersection.

Pride Victory 10 LX (Model No. S710LX) 4-wheel mobility scooter

So I bought a more advanced heavy-duty 4-wheel mobility scooter that was more stable and didn't have to struggle climbing steep sidewalks.

I still took my back-up heavy-duty 3-wheel mobility scooter to WDW instead.

So it is up to every individual to decide.

I like my heavy-duty 3-wheel mobility scooter at WDW since the surfaces were mostly flat, with no broken sidewalks, no hills, no dangerous ramps at a busy intersection, etc.

But I have the best of everything with my heavy-duty FoldandGoWheelchair.

But if I was going to rent again when staying onsite at WDW, I would rent from The Gold Mobility Scooter Company.

And if they don't ask, tell them your weight.

No need to rent a heavy-duty if you don't need one.

Your weight and backpacks and walkers take a strain on the ability of the batteries to take a person up hills and decreasing the length of a charged battery to last without recharging. It can also limit the ability to climb a hill or ramp like on some monorails. So much for gravity.

Similar if some people buy a trailer too heavy for their trailers. No offense. I weigh 359-lbs.

If I weighed 150-lbs my recharged batteries would last longer than if I weighed 359-lbs.

Pride Victory 10 3-Wheel Mobility Scooter Rental

Last edited:
I use a 3 wheel scooter. I think it makes turns "sharper". A 4 wheel scooter, I feel is "more" stable. In Disney 3 wheel wind out! Both have their good points.

I am trying to decide between 3 wheels or 4 wheels.
What do you thinks?

I see you've already decided and I agree - for park rentals I'd definitely go with a 3 wheel. I rent through Gold and they accidentally left me a 4 wheel on the last trip. I truly didn't look at the wheels but I kept wondering why it seemed so odd and hard to use and then I realized what the problem was a few hours after they left. Of course they swapped it out for me quickly when I called but it definitely makes a big difference in how well the scooter handles turns, etc.

Thank you for the information. I think I will use Gold's 3 wheeler.

Good choice! Last time I went (last year) they had the GoGo Sport, which has a little longer base for your legs. And I also find the 3 wheeler easier to turn and generally maneuver around. When I bought mine a few months ago (the GoGo Elite), I asked the salesman if the 4-wheeler was more stable, and she said that the newer ones were just as stable in the 3 wheel (and she said that even though if she'd sold me the 4 wheel, bigger commission for her!)

If no one notices, the Pride Victory 10 LX (Model No. S710LX) 4-wheel mobility scooter has a spring at the front wheel. Not all scooters have a suspension like this. The springs make them ride much nicer. I bought a used Golden Buzzaround for this very reason. I did get a 3 wheel, mostly because it turns in smaller circles (radius) which is helpful getting on and off Disney buses.

DW swears by her Pride Jazzy zero turn four wheeler at home (twin motors, for independent drive to the rear wheels, and suspension). It‘s never crossed the pond with us but when we’re in Florida she always hires a 4-wheel Pride GoGo Sport from K&M Rentals (depot and shop opposite Celebration Avenue on the 192 - they have an offer if you collect and return rather than have them deliver) because she just feels more balanced on 4 wheels (she’s a touch nervous about catching a single front wheel in the tram tracks on Main Street 😊 ). While I can still put the thing in the trunk of the car, 4 wheels is undoubtedly how we’ll continue to go.

Hi, Sakiki.

(she’s a touch nervous about catching a single front wheel in the tram tracks on Main Street 😊 ).

I've always had this issue if I don't stay on one side or the other side of the tracks. Mose of the time I wasn't paying attention to the tracks when crossing them.

If I'm thinking about it I would try and cross head-on at 90-degrees to the tracks to decrease the change of the wheel turning and getting stuck in the track.

Or, if available, just cross the tracks where cast members have inserted rubber spacers to make the crossing flatter.

Sometimes even my FoldAndGoWheelchair front wheel(s) get stuck when trying to get around a group of guests and my front wheel easily gets stuck in the track because I was rolling parallel to the Mainstreet tracks.

It happens. Even with strollers.

Just my opinion.

DW swears by her Pride Jazzy zero turn four wheeler at home (twin motors, for independent drive to the rear wheels, and suspension). It‘s never crossed the pond with us but when we’re in Florida she always hires a 4-wheel Pride GoGo Sport from K&M Rentals (depot and shop opposite Celebration Avenue on the 192 - they have an offer if you collect and return rather than have them deliver) because she just feels more balanced on 4 wheels (she’s a touch nervous about catching a single front wheel in the tram tracks on Main Street 😊 ). While I can still put the thing in the trunk of the car, 4 wheels is undoubtedly how we’ll continue to go.

Hi, DanielleC.

That is one of the reasons why I bought my Pride Victory 10 LX (Model No. S710LX) 4-wheel mobility scooter.

My very old Pride Revo (SC63) 3-wheel mobility scooter met my needs over a decade ago as far as being able to carry my weight, disassemble to put in my car trunk to go to WDW, etc. But over time it became too difficult and too a hardship for me to lift all the pieces over and over again fearing I would lose my balance and fall

But when I was working, and I had lost my car, I used the local bus and rail system to get around and sidewalks to get around. Some of the sidewalks and street crossing were just awful. Plus the motor and the battery and my weight couldn't handle very steep hills.

That is why I bought my Pride Victory 10 LX (Model No. S710LX) 4-wheel mobility scooter.

It had a larger motor, larger batteries, 4-wheels, springs on the wheels, a comfy Captain's chair. But I could no longer use it on the bus because of the size and a 90-degree turn when rolling up the front of the bus. Those local bus' front wheels took up too much interior space. But I found a way to use rail and sidewalks. But it was too big and heavy to breakdown if I used a rental car or airlines. That is why I saved my Revo for that. At some point, I could no longer lift the parts into a rental car either so I flew to WDW with my smaller 3-wheeler.

Things have changed over the years with better mobility scooter design, batteries, and motors. At one point I thought about buying the Golden Buzzaround, but because of work and better power, I bought my Pride Victory 10 LX (Model No. S710LX) 4-wheel mobility scooter.

But now, my FoldAndGoWheelchair performs so much better than any mobility scooter as far as carrying me up every single steep hill and easily on buses. It folds up for airline travel, etc.

I enjoy reading everyone's experiences.

If no one notices, the Pride Victory 10 LX (Model No. S710LX) 4-wheel mobility scooter has a spring at the front wheel. Not all scooters have a suspension like this. The springs make them ride much nicer. I bought a used Golden Buzzaround for this very reason. I did get a 3 wheel, mostly because it turns in smaller circles (radius) which is helpful getting on and off Disney buses.

Last edited:
I’ve rented a few different types as well, but I wholeheartedly agree with Ray-
But now, my FoldAndGoWheelchair performs better than any mobility scooter as far as carrying me up every single steep hill and easily on buses. It folds up for airline travel, etc.
It also turns on a dime and has a nice compact footprint. It’s the only one I’ve ever owned & I couldn’t be happier with it!! (Unless, of course, it was light enough for me to pick it up all by myself on a bad day... a girl can dream right?!! 😂)

The 3 wheelers are good for turning radius and maneuverability, but it depends on your weight, the heavier you are the more likely the 3 wheeler is to lose a little balance and stability when using the cheaper (lighter) models. When I've used them I've much preferred the stability of the 4 wheels when looking at the cheaper models. We always rented from Apple Scooters and have had great experiences with them.

Are there any scooter rental company that can drop off at bell services at the swan?
We stayed at the Dolphin last October and it looked to me like several companies had dropped off scooters with the Bell services. Gold Mobility dropped off mine there and picked up without me having to meet up with them - no issues.

Hi, Sakiki.

(she’s a touch nervous about catching a single front wheel in the tram tracks on Main Street 😊 ).

I've always had this issue if I don't stay on one side or the other side of the tracks. Mose of the time I wasn't paying attention to the tracks when crossing them.

If I'm thinking about it I would try and cross head-on at 90-degrees to the tracks to decrease the change of the wheel turning and getting stuck in the track.

Or, if available, just cross the tracks where cast members have inserted rubber spacers to make the crossing flatter.

Sometimes even my FoldAndGoWheelchair front wheel(s) get stuck when trying to get around a group of guests and my front wheel easily gets stuck in the track because I was rolling parallel to the Mainstreet tracks.

It happens. Even with strollers.

Just my opinion.
And ‘Hi!’ right back!

DW knows ‘how’ to deal with the tracks, and kerbs, and all that - she’s been using a scooter for a couple of years now due to a degenerative back condition - but the crowds can make the knowledge difficult to apply sometimes, especially when trying to avoid children running into her path. She hasn’t hit anyone yet and hopes to keep it that way!

I liked both for different reasons and different situations.

But now, I prefer my FoldandGoWheelchair.

A long time ago, I wanted to stop paying for the use of the WDW ECV's. Especially when I found it difficult to walk back from the WDW park to my resort room.

So I rented a heavy-duty ECV that at the time was 4-wheel mobility scooter.

I loved going everywhere inside WDW property.

At the time, using a had a smaller turning radius, for instance making 180-degree turns in the queue lines.

When I bought a mobility scooter it was a more advanced heavy-duty 3-wheel mobility scooter that had a greater turning radius, especially making sharp 90-degree turns to get on public buses at home.

View attachment 516825

Pride Revo (SC63) 3-wheel mobility scooter

When going to work, the 3-wheel mobility scooter was not as steady on broken sidewalks or ramps when driving from a flat service to a slanted surface like the ramp at a crosswalk or on a WDW bus ramp.

When the front steering wheel turns in the direction from one surface to another, depending on the circumstances Sometimes the 3-wheel mobility scooter would tilt in the direction of the steering wheel. Not a good feeling in a busy intersection.

View attachment 516824

Pride Victory 10 LX (Model No. S710LX) 4-wheel mobility scooter

So I bought a more advanced heavy-duty 4-wheel mobility scooter that was more stable and didn't have to struggle climbing steep sidewalks.

I still took my back-up heavy-duty 3-wheel mobility scooter to WDW instead.

So it is up to every individual to decide.

I like my heavy-duty 3-wheel mobility scooter at WDW since the surfaces were mostly flat, with no broken sidewalks, no hills, no dangerous ramps at a busy intersection, etc.

View attachment 516822
View attachment 516823

But I have the best of everything with my heavy-duty FoldandGoWheelchair.

But if I was going to rent again when staying onsite at WDW, I would rent from The Gold Mobility Scooter Company.

And if they don't ask, tell them your weight.

No need to rent a heavy-duty if you don't need one.

Your weight and backpacks and walkers take a strain on the ability of the batteries to take a person up hills and decreasing the length of a charged battery to last without recharging. It can also limit the ability to climb a hill or ramp like on some monorails. So much for gravity.

Similar if some people buy a trailer too heavy for their trailers. No offense. I weigh 359-lbs.

If I weighed 150-lbs my recharged batteries would last longer than if I weighed 359-lbs.

View attachment 516821

Pride Victory 10 3-Wheel Mobility Scooter Rental

Thanks for this information! I think it'll be helpful to many of us as we move on to different mobility scooters. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!