Which SPA would you recommend?

h&D3

Mouseketeer
We are headed back to WDW next summer. It will be me, my DH, DS (16), and DD (12). They all agreed that this time they would like to partake in a spa day. (yep, even the guys want to do this!)

So if you had a choice, which spa would you visit at which resort? We will most likely be staying at AKL and I know they have a spa there (but might try a different resort this next visit). I am an AP so I know we get a discount on services over a certain $ amount. But this is something we've never done here before and wondered what some of our options are and which ones others have enjoyed.

Thanks!
~D

The spa facilities at AKL and other resorts are basically massage rooms set aside near the pool. The deluxe spas are at the Grand Floridian and Saratoga Springs. Both Senses spas at the GF and Saratoga Springs have similar facilities, and great service. Take a look at the service menus to see what appeals to you and call the main number to see what they have available. The CMs who answer that line are helpful. Make sure that you go early to enjoy the steam rooms, sauna and hot tub.

I preferred the spa at the Grand over that of SSR. The service was awesome at both, but given a choice I enjoyed the experience more at the Grand.

Loved the massage at Senses. I'll have to start throwing out hints @ DH to see if he'll let me put aside some me time again for a repeat. :D

We are headed back to WDW next summer. It will be me, my DH, DS (16), and DD (12). They all agreed that this time they would like to partake in a spa day. (yep, even the guys want to do this!)

So if you had a choice, which spa would you visit at which resort? We will most likely be staying at AKL and I know they have a spa there (but might try a different resort this next visit). I am an AP so I know we get a discount on services over a certain $ amount. But this is something we've never done here before and wondered what some of our options are and which ones others have enjoyed.

Thanks!
~D

I've had service at the Animal Kingdom spa, Saratoga and the Grand. The Grand Floridian was the nicest. It's very beautiful and relaxing. I thought the service was okay. My massage therapist was late for my appointment. Saratoga wasn't as updated but still very clean and the cast members were friendly.

Animal Kingdom's spa is smaller than both and it didn't seem to have as many options. I did have a decent massage.

I tried to book services at Mandara Spa and I didn't even make it past the counter. Maybe things have changed but a couple of years ago they were very rude when I approached them. I just turned around and went shopping instead. Their lo$$.

DH and I are thinking about getting a couples massage at WDW as well. We are staying at the BCV for 5 nights before heading to POFQ or SSR for 3. We cannot decide for the life of us if we should get a massage at Mandara the first half of our trip or at Senses the 2nd half due to location.

DH and I are thinking about getting a couples massage at WDW as well. We are staying at the BCV for 5 nights before heading to POFQ or SSR for 3. We cannot decide for the life of us if we should get a massage at Mandara the first half of our trip or at Senses the 2nd half due to location.

I haven't tried Mandara yet-we go on 7/31 but if you use groupon, they sometimes do a discount there. I got the facial for about $50 off. Of course at the time I booked we were going to stay at BC and now are staying at SSR so I wish I had waited and tried the spa there!

We set up an 80 minute couple massages at GF for our trip coming up. When you book they will add the service fee for the tip then.

It will be me, my DH, DS (16), and DD (12). They all agreed that this time they would like to partake in a spa day.

Check the age requirements for each spa - you may find limited options for your daughter. Some have a minimum age of 14, and those who allow younger have a limited set of options. I've also found the requirements indicate that anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times, so you'll want to plan your spa services in pairs.

Enjoy your vacation!

I've been to the Mandara Spa over at Swan and Dolphin, and really enjoyed it. Look into that as well.

A few years ago DH surprised me and my SIL with a visit to Senses at the GF. It was wonderful! So very relaxing.

I'd choose an option not mentioned yet: the Four Seasons Resort spa. They have (assuming it still exists) a deal where certain adult massages allow you to also spend a day at their pool complex, which is wonderful (considerably better even than Stormalong Bay, in our opinion). The spa is also top notch.

I've been to the Mandara Spa over at Swan and Dolphin, and really enjoyed it. Look into that as well.
Second this. My two girlfriends and I did massages there after the Star Wars half. It's a beautiful space. Services are pricey compared to non-Disney locations (we paid the same for just a 60-min massage as we pay for that plus a 60 min facial, mani, and pedi at our nearly-local place LOL) but enjoyed it. And had ZERO attempt to sell us products, just told us they'd leave a card on file at the desk if we wanted to know what was used, and they didn't even ask again at checkout.

I am going to be in the minority here, but I had a massage at Saratoga Springs this past May and simply wasn't that impressed. Yes the massage felt good, but it was nothing compared to my massage therapist back home. Prices are so steep, too. I thanked my husband for the surprise but also told him to save the money next time because it just wasn't worth it in my eyes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter