Which Steak Restaurant? Opinions, please.

Just be sure you all order the filet, I suppose. We were there last week, four of us. Duck was OK, chicken cordon bleu was awful, two of us had that, so sorry we did. DH had the filet, which was good, but not great.

Three of us felt the onion soup was weak.

It was our most disappointing meal at WDW in a very long time.

I’m sorry you had a negative experience. You just made me nervous again lol

We ALWAYS book a dinner at the Yachtsman. Love the food, the service and don't feel cramped up beside other people. We only order Steak because, it is a steakhouse after all, and that is what they do best. Be sure to mention any allergies in your party and the chef will come right to your table and talk to the person about them.

I LOVE Yachtman's Steakhouse. Hands down best steak I've ever had. Filet is tender but I literally could cut mine with the side of my fork. The rolls are the topper though. I should have just had more of those rather than dessert. I can't wait to go back in two weeks.

Great to Hear! Can you please give me an updated review when you go back? Hope you have a great dinner and trip!

Hey guys! We have been going to our favorite restaurant for the last few years, which is Narcoossee’s. Last year we tried Le Cellier. I liked the filet but LOVED their truffle fries. This year we booked Yachtsman, but I’m staring to doubt my decision. We’d be ordering filet so it’s most important in the decision. I’ve never been, so I’d love to hear your opinions on how it compares with Narcoossees and Le Cellier. Do you feel it’s a good choice, or try to get one of the others? Thanks for your opinions!
Yachtsman is much better than Le Cellier. No contest.

We've been to Yachtsman 3 times and each time the service terrible so we gave up and haven't been back. The food was alright but not worth suffering the service. We actually love the steak at California Grill but I also enjoy the fillet at Le Ceiller. Shula's was good but we've only bothered to go once so I guess it wasn't terrific enough for us it's kind of out of the way.

We went to Yachtsman for the first time our last trip, we all were looking forward to this one and hands down it was the worst meal we had at Disney in the last 10+ trips. My daughter (10yr) filet which we ordered medium came out blue/raw and my medium rare prime rib came out well and both were sent back. DH just ate what he ordered, but it wasn't great. When our sent back entrees finally came back at this point my DH was almost done eating and my prime rib was now medium well which was better then well but not even close to being medium rare, but my daughters came out like it had just been microwaved it was gross and she refused to eat it. When the manager came over she did take 2 entrees off the bill, because she agreed that this was not up to par and asked that we give them another try. At this point I do not think we will be giving them a second try.

We have not missed going to the yatchsman in 16 years. We love it. Always a great dinner. Have gotten to know a lot of the staff over the years. Food is always good.

Narcoosse’s so consistant also.
Flying fish’s old menu the strip was killer good. If still on menu worth it.
I had an unbelievable steak at morimoto in June. That was my best meal last trip.

I know I’ll get flamed but wasn’t a fan of shula’s. Just didn’t do anything for me.

No, we are not on the dining plan. We had Schulas a couple years ago, and honestly, I’d still prefer Narcoossees! Thanks for your input!

Thanks everyone for your advice! I have Yachtsman booked and would really like opinions on it in particular. Do you like it? Would you recommend over the others? Thanks again!

Having given LeCellier 3 shots I’m shocked anyone else would be as stupid as me to keep returning

I’ve only done Yatchsman once but it was very nice. The filet was 100x better than that sad piece of meat at LeCellier
My top 2 are Jiko and Boathouse. (Boathouse serves Gibson’s of Chicago steak. Outstanding!!!!!)!
Have an ADR at Narcoosees, have been several times, but not in the past couple of years. Have never been to the Boathouse, so thinking of changing it to that. I'm a steak lover, DS, would probably go with fish, maybe the steak and lobster at the Boathouse. MDE doesn't show availability, but Open Table does(we're on DDP, but I don't think that should matter). Guess the question is, if I make the reservation through Open Table, it won't show up in MDE, correct?
Not that is really an issue, but just wondering?:confused: THANKS for any help!:disrocks:

Love Yachtsman steakhouse. in fact we have it booked for our visit in a couple of weeks :yay:

We had a less than stellar experience at both Narcooses and Shula's.
At Narcooses i had the filet and shrimp. The steak was overdone and tough and the shrimp were raw.

At Shula's I had to send my steak back 3 times~~~ don't even ask. Needless to say maybe the bad experience was due to it being Christmas and it was swamped. My meal was comped.

So Yachtsman it is. Plus i love the atmosphere there. And how nicely appointed it is with a nautical theme and how spacious the tables are from each other.

Liz:rose:

I can’t wait to try Yachtsman in February! I have Narcoosees booked too, but I think of the for fish/seafood.

I can’t wait to try Yachtsman in February! I have Narcoosees booked too, but I think of the for fish/seafood.

We love the filet at Narcoossees, but never tried anything else. I think you’ll like it!

We love the filet at Narcoossees, but never tried anything else. I think you’ll like it!
I have eaten at Narcoosees one other time and it was one of my favorite meals that trip.
It will be my first time at Yachtsman, California Grill Brunch, Tiffins and Boathouse. A big part of my solo trip us the food!!!

Oh also for the record, I have been to Narcoossee and Le Cellier as well. Narcoossee was great, Le Cellier was very good, but I still maintain Yachtman's blows them both out of the water.

We ate at Yachtsman last year for the first time and was really looking forward to it because DH and I both really like a good steak. We were VERY disappointed in the steaks. We both got the filet and mine was so overcooked that I sent it back and the new one really wasn't any better. I've read tons of reviews of it and it seems like we just hit on a bad night, but for now, we aren't planning to go back anytime soon.

I was underwhelmed when I went as well. My steak was prepared fine but I didn't see what the fuss was about the place.

We have Flying Fish and Yachtsman booked for next trip. I am thoroughly looking forward to both after hearing great reviews on both places.

I'm not a huge seafood person so I may get the steak at FF. Just depends on my mood. I'm more looking forward to the pork belly appetizer!

No, we are not on the dining plan. We had Schulas a couple years ago, and honestly, I’d still prefer Narcoossees! Thanks for your input!

Thanks everyone for your advice! I have Yachtsman booked and would really like opinions on it in particular. Do you like it? Would you recommend over the others? Thanks again!
We like Yachtsman, Flying Fish, Narcoossee’s, and LeCellier. I do seafood at FF and Narcoossee’s and steak at the others while DW has filet at all of them. They all do a good filet. For us as a party of two, the service has been better at the three resort restaurants than at LC, where we always feel squeezed into a small two-top table tucked back in a corner of the restaurant where our server seems to forget about us. The other places treat us like valued guests. We also find prices are similar across this group. We always use Tables in Wonderland and do not do the dining plan.

Service and ambience at Yachtsman has been topnotch. We like to be seated in a smaller room located to the right side of the entrance of the restaurant when we can get it. Makes the setting a bit more special.

The Lexington sundae and the Admiral’s cake @ Yachtsman are amazing...Worth saving stomach space for!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter