Which studio would you choose?

Tammy A

Mouseketeer
I have an opportunity to stay in October in either a Bay Lake studio, Beach Club studio or a Boardwalk studio. Which do you enjoy the most based on access to Food and Wine festival but more importantly the ambiance of the resort? Plan to be in Epcot pretty much every evening but will visit the other parks in the day. It is my boyfriend and myself. Which one is romantic? Give me your thoughts please. I think they are all great!

For Food and Wine, definitely BCV or BWV. BCV is a tad closer to Epcot and I would lean towards BCV for Stormalong Bay pool (BWV also takes some flak for long hallways) but I wouldn't have a strong preference.

Hands down BCV. Better pool and best walking distance to Epcot if you are planning on spending alot of time there.

All the studios look really nice. I like that you can take the monorail from Bay Lake tower to get to both Epcot and MK or walk right into MK. Bay Lake tower is very separate from the Contemporary resort though I think.
I have to say I was very impressed in 2 videos I watched of a Boardwalk studio standard view; huge deck off an upper level studio and in the other standard studio a beautiful patio with beautiful foliage, a pond and of course a parking lot in the backdrop.
The Beach club studio looks to be the sweetest with its beach theme, even little starfish handles on the kitchenette cabinets, not as good of a balcony view, however the resort itself is beautiful. Anyone know how the refillable mug convenience is at each?

All the studios look really nice. I like that you can take the monorail from Bay Lake tower to get to both Epcot and MK or walk right into MK. Bay Lake tower is very separate from the Contemporary resort though I think.
I have to say I was very impressed in 2 videos I watched of a Boardwalk studio standard view; huge deck off an upper level studio and in the other standard studio a beautiful patio with beautiful foliage, a pond and of course a parking lot in the backdrop.
The Beach club studio looks to be the sweetest with its beach theme, even little starfish handles on the kitchenette cabinets, not as good of a balcony view, however the resort itself is beautiful. Anyone know how the refillable mug convenience is at each?

If you want a resort that is convenient to F&W, you really can't go wrong with either BCV or BWV, though BCV will give you a slight advantage in terms of a shorter distance to the EP IG entrance. BCV will also give you an advantage to distance to refill your mugs as the Marketplace at BC is a short, covered walk from BCV. At BWV, you will need to walk fairly far to Boardwalk Bakery to refill your mugs. IMHO, if distance to EP and refilling your mug are factors in your decision, I would go with BCV.

We have stayed at all three and each has its advantages and drawbacks. If the W&F festival it going to be your main reason for your visit, then either Beach Club or Boardwalk would be the best bet. (Beach Club is a wee bit closer to the back entrance of EPCOT if walking is an issue.). However, if you are planning on going to Magic Kingdom and EPCOT (or any or all of the other parks) then the view from Bay Lake Towers can’t be beat. (Sitting on your own private balcony to watch the fireworks). As others have said, you can still get to EPCOT from BLT by the monorail or bus.

Beach club studio. Hope you are booking thru Disney and not trying to rent points. All dvc studios at those resorts have been booked solid for months.
I was about to say this. If you want a villa at an Epcot resort you will have a hard time as those resorts will be the first to go over F&W.

Now torn between Beach Club studio and Bay Lake studio.
Love the Beach Club due to location to Epcot, pool and that beach theme.
Love Bay Lake due to convenience of walking right in to MK and monorail to Epcot (stop and switch at ttc), view and those contemporary restaurants.
The actual studio in each is nice. I know Bay Lake, I've heard seems a bit smaller, but there is just 2 of us.

Love Bay Lake due to convenience of walking right in to MK and monorail to Epcot (stop and switch at ttc), view and those contemporary restaurants.
The actual studio in each is nice. I know Bay Lake, I've heard seems a bit smaller, but there is just 2 of us.
If you are planning to end every night at Epcot, I would highly recommend Beach Club then. You will be back to your room in roughly 15 minutes after the fireworks depending on where you watch them. If you stayed at Bay lake, you would have to walk to get on the monorail and then transfer to get back. Logistically, I think BC would be your best option.

Stick with the Beach Club.

BLT is nice, but it's not "romantic" at all. More, modern and trendy. Plus, you'd have to walk through the whole park to get to F&W ... and then back out to get to the monorail. We're going for F&W in October and we're at Boardwalk (Beach Club was already booked).

Yeah if it’s food and wine I would definitely 100% choose an Epcot resort, no questions asked. We love the boardwalk view at boardwalk, but if you’re just doing standard we didn’t find anything particular wow about it. I would for sure choose beach club. Honestly for 2 adults I would chose a room at yacht because it’s so quiet and cozy there!!!! But if you need a studio beach club for sure. Access to Epcot, amazing restaurants onsite, and great pool!

BCV. We really enjoyed our stay at BLT but for overall resort feel, BCV wins for us, especially if you might use the pool. If going for food and wine, you really can't beat being able to walk from your resort to WS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter