Which tour to do?

jmbarnes101

Mouseketeer
I’m doing a solo trip in a couple of weeks and I’ve never done a WDW tour despite wanting to. I’ve been researching the various tours and I think I’ve decided on three I want to try. I’m going to go with one, want to do Behind the Seeds and Up Close With Rhinos as well, and need some help and advice as to which is the best.

1. Keys to the Kingdom
2. unDISCOVERed Future World
3. World Showcase: DestiNations Discovered

I know a couple of them have lunch. Is anything else included or do any of them go on rides? Which would you do and why? Thank you.

I have done all three. You can't go wrong which ever you choose. I would go with Destinations for now since Illuminations is ending. The part of backstage seeing the barges and globe will be leave a hole in Outpost area after September. You will also get access to VIP viewing area as part of the tour for that evening.

I've not done any of them yet, but I did do the Behind the Seeds tour, and the Steamtrain tour, and both were quite enjoyable. I suspect, no matter which one you choose, it will be an amazing experience.

I've only done Keys to the Kingdom, but it was outstanding! DW and I agree that it's one thing we could do on every trip if our kiddos weren't too young for it.

I am doing Keys to the Kingdom and Wild Africa Trek in February. The Epcot options didn't interest me.

I've done Keys to the Kingdom solo, would do it again. Lunch was at Pecos Bills and we went on three rides. Its a group of about 20, there was another solo also. Mostly pairs.

I just got back from a solo trip and did three tours, KTTK, Marcleline to Magic Kingdom and DestiNATIONS world showcase Loved them all! There was one other solo on the KTTK tour, but I was the only solo on the others. Loved being solo and talking to people on the tours and the tour guides.

Rides:
KTTK (Jungle, Haunted Mansion and Pirates)
M to MK (Haunted Mansion and Carousel of Progress, both with commentary by our guide)
DestiNATIONS - no rides

I didn’t like Pecos Bills so much on KTTK. I did enjoy Rose and Crown on DestiNATIONS.

My favorite was probably Marceline to MK because of the behind the scenes info on HM and C of P, but I loved them all. Least fave (but still enjoyed it very much) was DestiNATIONS. The other two I will do again for sure.

Enjoy your solo trip!

I've done KTTK, Marceline, and UnDISCOVERed, and while I enjoyed them all I really REALLY loved UnDISCOVERed! Much more than I thought I would and DH felt the same. Learned so many awesome things about FW, and I never thought I really cared too much for FW lol. Of all 3 if I repeated one, this would be my first choice :)

I did unDiscovered solo as well. Amazing.
We did go on soar'n but not sure that is always part of it and ate at Rose and Crown. There were 4 of us on the tour, one couple and two solo. I was the only one in the group who went to the VIP viewing area for illuminations.
One of my favorite things I've ever done. We got a pin also at the end.

We have done the Keys to the Kingdom tour. We enjoyed it very much. Haven’t done the other 2 though.

We did Keys to the Kingdom in September and it was outstanding. We rode HM and had lunch at Pecos Bills as part of the tour. We also got to go to the Utilidor which was very cool. I highly recommend it. We had a great tour guide - she was very informative.

Our next trip we'll do the World Showcase if it's still offered.

I have a couple days in March where I'll be on my own all day while my brother's at a conference and I want to do a tour for one. Leaning towards Keys to the Kingdom but Marceline to MK also sounds tempting.

I have done KTTK twice , Marceline to Magic Kingdom , and Undiscovered Future World. I liked all three. I was solo on one KTTK and the other two. I personally preferred KTTK and Undidcovered . To me Undiscovered was the EPCOT version of KTTK - as far as getting to see things back stage and riding rides. You can’t go wrong with any of them. I am planning on the Destinations Discovered on my September trip .

Have only done KTTK and we loved it. May be doing Undiscovered next trip if can fit it in, have not broke down everything were doing yet

I just got back from a solo trip and did three tours, KTTK, Marcleline to Magic Kingdom and DestiNATIONS world showcase Loved them all! There was one other solo on the KTTK tour, but I was the only solo on the others. Loved being solo and talking to people on the tours and the tour guides.

Rides:
KTTK (Jungle, Haunted Mansion and Pirates)
M to MK (Haunted Mansion and Carousel of Progress, both with commentary by our guide)
DestiNATIONS - no rides

I didn’t like Pecos Bills so much on KTTK. I did enjoy Rose and Crown on DestiNATIONS.

My favorite was probably Marceline to MK because of the behind the scenes info on HM and C of P, but I loved them all. Least fave (but still enjoyed it very much) was DestiNATIONS. The other two I will do again for sure.

Enjoy your solo trip!
I was looking at Marceline to the Magic Kingdom but wanted a longer tour. I might have to give this one a bit more thought. It seems the consensus favorite is KTTK but it sounds like I can't go wrong with any of them.

I have a couple days in March where I'll be on my own all day while my brother's at a conference and I want to do a tour for one. Leaning towards Keys to the Kingdom but Marceline to MK also sounds tempting.

I know, it's a dilemma and I want to do so many of them. I may have to splurge and do two.

For those that have done Marceline, have you done it in summer? I want to book it for July but rethinking three hour tour in the heat might be a bit much.

We are looking at KTTK, but Epcot would be cool too. Is there any eating on unDISCOVERed? I looked it up and it is 4 hours. That is a LOOOOOONG time to be in Epcot without eating. I mean, at least for me...maybe I am alone on this one...

For those that have done Marceline, have you done it in summer? I want to book it for July but rethinking three hour tour in the heat might be a bit much.

We did Marceline in June and it was lovely. You do ride two rides so you get a break from the heat. Sign up for the first time slot if you can that way you are done by 11! I loved it so much and learned alot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter