• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Which Tour Would You Do? I Must Pet a Penguin!!!

mickeysaver

<font color=blue>WINNER of the world's worst limer
We have plans to visit the Orlando area in 02/05. This time, we thought that we would check out Sea World first and then go the place that magic lives.

I wanna pet the penguins. So, this means either doing the polar expedition that is only $15 and lasts about an hour or the Adventure Express Tour that takes 6 hours and costs $89 or maybe $69 if they do the seasonal discount again.

So, who has done these tours? Which one is the better value for the money? Thanks for the input. Maggie

I didn't see any opportunities to pet a Penguin while we were there at all. Maybe I missed it? Check the SeaWorld website.....P

They offer special tours that cost extra that allow you to do special behind the scenes stuff. Both of the tours that I posted about allow for an opportunity to pet a penguin.
Maggie

I've done the penguin tour.
You sign up as you enter the park. You see a stand where they pass out maps, and to the left of it, you'll see tour signups. Do it as you enter the park, because the slots fill up. Your time will be around noon, or 1pm. You meet next to the polar bear exhibit at a statue. The tour guide checks your tickets, gets to know everyone, then you go thru a door to the back area.

You start with the polar bear exhibit behind the scenes. You see how they are fed, and see a few sea lion holding tanks. You walk past the gigantic filters and they talk about what it takes to keep the water clean. Next, you enter a room where the polar bears are kept, they sleep most of the time. After that, a bus takes you to the penguin building. You go inside, get more info, then into the penguin enclosure, where it's 40 degrees, but you block it out. It's like walking into a giant freezer. A girl sits holding a penguin, and you pet it. The skin is soft. Once everyone has their turn, you leave, and re-enter the park next to Shamu stadium.

The penguin tour is probably enough for what you want to do. If you're a real die hard fan, then you could do the 6 hour tour. The penguin tour lasts about an hour and a half. Lots of info, very entertaining.

Originally posted by robvia
The penguin tour is probably enough for what you want to do. If you're a real die hard fan, then you could do the 6 hour tour. The penguin tour lasts about an hour and a half. Lots of info, very entertaining.

Thank you! This is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I really appreciate your input. Maggie

My daughter loves penguins. Guess we gotta do it to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter