Which USH Tickets best for us?

licketysplit

Earning My Ears
Hello

12-yr-old DS and I are visiting USH for the first time as part of a Mom-Son trip to Cali this week, from WA. We are going mainly for Harry Potter World, but it would be nice to hit any other "must-see" rides and attractions for people who aren't necessarily big fans of anything, other than a great experience. :) We are going on Thursday, and the hours are 10am-6pm. I can get tickets for $95 through work, instead of $105 at USH's website, but USH's website tix come with a 9am entry, and I'm not certain that the others do. Do you think this is worth the extra $10 in our situation? Or will we have time to do everything we would like in 8 hours there? To make things more confusing, I can alternately get a season pass through work for $109, allowing for another day there if we would like, but I'm thinking we would rather not pay for parking twice, and would like to see more of what LA has to offer rather than do 2 days at USH. We wouldn't be able to make another trip to CA within the year.

TIA for your thoughts. If anyone has time, I would also love input on what the most popular attractions are at Universal other than HP and any other important tips/tricks. I haven't had time to research USH as extensively as DL!

You are going this Thursday?
I would expect crowds to be minimal but If you want to arrive at 9, then pay the extra $10. Probably not necessary though. I’ve not done the Harry Potter area in Hollywood, only in Orlando but from what I have heard it is only a small area. I know the forbidden journey ride is the same in both parks (or very similar) and that was one of the best rides I have ever ridden in my whole life soooooooo definitely do that one!
Minions, transformers , Jurassic Park , mummy ride and th Simpson are all decent rides. The studio tour is great though I may like it so much for nostalgic reasons.
Either way, one day is more than enough to hit all the headliners and maybe a show. Enjoy!

For this Thursday, the crowds should not be bad and I wouldn't worry about getting there early or not having time to see what's most important to you. My boys are 9 & 11 and my 11 year old's favorites are Forbidden Journey, Mummy, Jurassic Park, Transformers, Studio Tour and the Special Effects show. My youngest hates dark/scary rides and his favorites are Minions, Hippogriff and the Waterworld and Animal Actors shows.

Buy your tickets through your work. You will get early entry as it is very likely that your work as access to Universal Studios Hollywood's 3rd party ticket store. All tickets purchased from there get early entry.

If you want to make absolutely certain that you get early entry at the $95.00 rate go here:

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201701/5420/

Scroll down until you see Universal Studios Hollywood and click on Recreation Connection.

That link will take you to Universals 3rd party ticket store.

Buy your tickets through your work. You will get early entry as it is very likely that your work as access to Universal Studios Hollywood's 3rd party ticket store. All tickets purchased from there get early entry.

If you want to make absolutely certain that you get early entry at the $95.00 rate go here:

Scroll down until you see Universal Studios Hollywood and click on Recreation Connection.

Hi, I'm not the OP but I just wanted to say thank you. I was trying to purchase through the EZ Rez site as well and worried that I wouldn't get early entry because it didn't say on the site like it did on their regular admission website. I had emailed both BenefitHub (the jumping point to get to the EZ Rez site) and USH with no answers from either. So thank you for confirming that you will get early entry when purchasing tickets there.

This is helpful information. We are going next Monday (like in 1.5 weeks) and I was planning to buy through Undercover Tourist, but would love to get that price with the early entry... will the tickets say early entry on them if it's going to work? (Would hate to get there over an hour before we can get in and be disappointed...)

This is helpful information. We are going next Monday (like in 1.5 weeks) and I was planning to buy through Undercover Tourist, but would love to get that price with the early entry... will the tickets say early entry on them if it's going to work? (Would hate to get there over an hour before we can get in and be disappointed...)

Most likely your tickets will not advertise early entry.

However it is policy that any ticket purchased online from Universal's EZ-Rez system gets early entry.

The only tickets that do not get early entry are Tickets and Annual Passes purchased at the gate.

Most likely your tickets will not advertise early entry.

However it is policy that any ticket purchased online from Universal's EZ-Rez system gets early entry.

The only tickets that do not get early entry are Tickets and Annual Passes purchased at the gate.

Thank you! We will be there early and hope for the best then. :) At least I'm not stressed about the crowds since we're going on an off-season Monday. (vs. almost any day at Disney...) I haven't been to Universal since 2000 when I was 17, so it will be almost a new experience for me!

Hey guys,

I just wanted to update you - I had emailed USH about the ushtix.com way of purchasing tickets and getting early entry. I heard back from them yesterday that purchasing tickets from ushtix.com will not give you early entry. Only purchasing tickets through their main website will get you that. I just wanted to let everyone know so you can make the best decision for your trip.

Hey guys,

I just wanted to update you - I had emailed USH about the ushtix.com way of purchasing tickets and getting early entry. I heard back from them yesterday that purchasing tickets from ushtix.com will not give you early entry. Only purchasing tickets through their main website will get you that. I just wanted to let everyone know so you can make the best decision for your trip.

Odd, Ive purchased tickets from that site for family and friends and had no problems using them for early entry.

Hey guys,

Update: We bought our tickets through the above link (Recreation Connection) and I told the kids they may or may not let us in early, but if not, we'd just hang out and wait. We went yesterday, and I didn't ask, just presented them to be scanned for early entry. Zero problems; we walked right in! Thank you so much for that tip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!