Which Walt Disney World Guide book is the best?

Which Walt Disney World Guide book is the best?

• The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World by by Bob Sehlinger and Len Testa

Votes: 41 65.1%
  • Birnbaum's Walt Disney World: The Official Guide by by Birnbaum Guides

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • The easy Guide to Your Walt Disney World Visit by by Dave Shute and Josh Humphrey

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • The Complete Walt Disney World: The Definitive Disney Handbook by Julie Neal and Mike Neal

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Magic Guidebooks Walt Disney World by Magic Guides

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Euby

DIS Veteran
I love the DIS, but sometimes I want to look at a guide book. Do you prefer any of these over the others? Why? Does it offer coupons? Are their pictures better? Is there one not mentioned that you like better? Please share...

Another vote for the Unofficial Guide. But a close second for the Easy Guide.

The Unofficial Guide is the most complete I have seen. Perhaps too much information for a newcomer to absorb. But as a Dis member I suspect you will enjoy the detail. I pick one up every couple of years just to have it on the shelf.

The Unofficial Guide is one of the most thorough out there. It's a huge book so be prepared. I also like the way the Passporter is set up.

Unofficial Guide. I greatly appreciate their honesty-is a specific dish at a restaurant is awful, they tell you. If a ride or attraction is an "it can wait for day 2", they tell you. I do, however, really, really like Josh's website/twitter account, but I know his occasional snark is not for everyone.

I can't narrow it down to just one. I think The Unofficial Guide is great for "all things Disney". Lots of details and information...but that also equates to a lot of information to dig through and it can be overwhelming. I love The Easy Guide To Your WDW Visit for its simplicity. I think it's great for first-time visitors especially. They do a good job of helping the reader determine what is important for *their* (the reader) trip and break things down in an easy-to-understand process. However, they don't go into all the details that a book like The Unofficial Guide does.

When we have friends who are planning their first trip (or first in a long time) to Disney World, I always recommend they buy both of those books. Actually, I often buy The Easy Guide for them as a gift and tell them if they want detailed in-depth information, they should consider buying The Unofficial Guide.

Thanks for all of the input! I have the Unofficial Guide for 2017 and was hoping to get the 2018 for my trip in January. However, they aren't available until March. (At least on Amazon).

Thanks for all of the input! I have the Unofficial Guide for 2017 and was hoping to get the 2018 for my trip in January. However, they aren't available until March. (At least on Amazon).

I just checked and I can order the 2018 from Amazon for delivery now. So check that again.

Going to piggy back on this one. Going for the second time ever in October.

Going to have our 11 year old DD with us and our approximately 6 month old DS (he ain't here yet) with us.

Is the unofficial guide just as useful as the unofficial guide with kids? Should I my get one, or should I get both?

ETA: I have a touring plans paid membership

First trip to Disney 20+ years ago, I bought the Unofficial Guided to WDW & made it my job to know it inside out. I studied the park maps, all attractions, restaurants, etc. I loved that book. I have eased up a bit on my touring style, but I have retained so much of that original info that it continues to help me & my family to this day.

First trip to Disney 20+ years ago, I bought the Unofficial Guided to WDW & made it my job to know it inside out. I studied the park maps, all attractions, restaurants, etc. I loved that book. I have eased up a bit on my touring style, but I have retained so much of that original info that it continues to help me & my family to this day.
So very true. We still refer back to ours on random occasions

I love the DIS, but sometimes I want to look at a guide book. Do you prefer any of these over the others? Why? Does it offer coupons? Are their pictures better? Is there one not mentioned that you like better? Please share...
There is not a lot of photos but I think the unofficial guide in Walt Disney World is the best. It has no coupons. Guide books should not have coupons. But it has detail lots of detail about the resorts theme parks.and dining.

I usually use Doring Kindserley Books as you can see by this picture!

Attachments

• 20171230_122154.jpg
    20171230_122154.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 14
Unofficial Guide. I greatly appreciate their honesty-is a specific dish at a restaurant is awful, they tell you. If a ride or attraction is an "it can wait for day 2", they tell you. I do, however, really, really like Josh's website/twitter account, but I know his occasional snark is not for everyone.

What is Josh's Twitter handle you reference? I do like some snark :rolleyes1

The Unofficial Guide has always seemed to me to be more thorough than any other guide.

I haven't looked at any other guides other than this one, but I will say that I think it's very good and pretty comprehensive. disboards is a great resource, but WDW is sort of overwhelming and it's given and verified a lot of information for me, that's for sure.

And with the Unofficial Guide, you get a discounted membership for the Touring Plans website. Priceless resource!

The complete guide is great if you're a visual person. They have lots of great pictures and fun facts. Not great if you're looking for touring plans, but good for trying to decide what rides you would enjoy- and the pictures make it something fun to read with kids.

I love the unofficial guide and it’s humorous take on WDW. After so many trips I probably don’t need a guide book, but I buy one every few years just to have it and I read thru it when I’m feeling homesick for WDW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter