Which water park?

MsDisney5

Mouseketeer
So we are a group of 9 (6 adults and 3 children). It has been YEARS since we actually did a water park so I'm feeling a little rusty. The grand kids are 5,4, and 2... Is there a water park that would be better? Any pros and cons? Little hidden places to sit? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I don't know if it would matter but we will be there in August. Thanks for all the help

I like to recommend Blizzard Beach when there are grandparents involved who also want to slide. BB has a chair lift to the top to ride 3 slides (+ 2 other rides if you use the disabilities entrance), this can save a whole lot of hill/stair climbing).

I like to recommend water shoes for everyone, the pavement is hot & these can be worn on most slides (or held, where not allowed).

With all parks at WDW, be there at opening if you want an hour or two of relatively short lines for the low capacity rides, then move to high capacity rides like the lazy river when crowds build.

Last edited:
Typhoon Lagoon has always been my favorite (but I love anything "beachy"). I love the feel of the place...the palm trees and sand. Feels like you're in the tropics :) And I love relaxing in a tube on the lazy river....just gorgeous. Plus great slides for the kids to enjoy.

DH & I prefer Typhoon Lagoon. We love the look of it and we love the lazy river and the wave pool. My youngest son is our thrill seeker and he thinks the slides at Blizzard Beach are more exciting, so that's his pick. :) My oldest doesn't have a preference.

TL is our favorite. They have a great kids area and a great lazy river. But I would caution you on the wave pool with kids those ages. When the wave pool is in full force, it will knock everyone down including full grown adults. You won't be able to hold on to them. I wouldn't let kids of that age in there. They do have time when the pool is calm and has minimal waves but make sure you get out when you hear the horn for the big waves.

TL. The wave pool alone makes it Beat. BB. Blizzard beach is a great water park. TL. Imho. Just better.
BB does have Summit. But overall. Go TL
When my son was 3 or 4. He experienced the wave pool for the first time. He loved it. It is not as rough as an ocean beach. But it will toss everyone around and that’s a blast. Our kids loved it. Still do at 11-14. It’s probably the best wave pool I have been in. It’s no Manhattan beach California. But it will take you and toss you like a great wave. Kids will be safe. No worries there.

We like Blizzard Beach's toddler area better, but overall Typhoon Lagoon has more that appealed to the different ages of our family and the wave pool was better than any other water park we have visited. If we had to choose one we'd go to TL, but if I had 3 little kids and planned to spend most of the day in the kiddie area, I might choose BB instead (and the wave pool is less intense for the little ones)

The adults usually prefer TL while there is more for the little ones at BB.

A new water park just opened at Margaritaville near Disney (Island H20 Live). It is very reasonably priced and looks incredible (I was there about a week ago).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts