Which way should we book our flight

jfeasel

Mouseketeer
We are going to do the 7 day Eastern in June. From your experience is it cheaper to book flights through Disney or do them on your own?

Book them on your own. Disney wanted to charge me $1600 for 3 tickets. I can get them on my own for $600.

Definitely book on your own. We were able to get non stop flights from Boston for 158.00 round trip. Disney wanted over $300 and there was a stop each way!

Absolutely do them on your own! Not just for the cost factor, but Disney will put you on whatever flight they can get, as opposed to ones that have the best schedule. They may have you on red-eyes, etc. that you don't really need to be on! Do it yourself, by all means!!

'Beano':cool:

They can also split up families and have you on two different flights if the need arises. Book your own and fly in the day before. I believe this to be a better option.

I would be nervous about flying in the day of the cruise if I booked my own flights. In case of delays we are out of luck. That is why we always fly in the day before and relax at the Radisson at the Port and they board the ship the next day.

Save lots of money and stress.

MJ

Another vote on booking yourself. A neighbor booked her flight last w/her Carnival cruise through a travel agency. They had her on connecting flights. And they didnt arrive until late. If they were planning spa & Palos ressies wouldnt have made it in time.
I booked my family this Nov 29th myself. We are leaving early in the morn and flying direct. We have a direct flight home too. I also booked Avis and the Radisson.

Do it on your own!!!
The only time we have ever saved money doing it through Disney was a couple of times when we sailed on holidays. We are fortunate to have ATA flying out of Chicago, so they keep the prices here competitive. We like the freedom of picking our own schedule, too. Ever since 9/11, we fly in the night before and stay at an MCO-area hotel, and sometimes we take a late flight home and do something after the cruise (at Thanksgiving, we are going to Discovery Cove on Sunday after leaving the Wonder). Disney charges extra for any schedule deviation.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter