~Which Would You Do? Shorter Stay @ Deluxe Or...~

disneyworld!

<font color="87005b">Love, Peace & Mickey.....and
longer stay at a moderate resort? with an AP rate of course!! :flower:

on much shorter my stay would have to be. We prefer deluxe, but who doesn't, right? However, I would never pay rack rate for a deluxe. If I had to shorten my trip by just 1 or 2 days, I would probably go deluxe. If 3 or more days...I would go moderate.

PamNC

Longer stay at a moderate. To me the only difference between a moderate and a deluxe is the fact that moderates have a food court and it has outside corridors. Since I don't use valet, fitness center, spas, etc... I'd go moderate so that I can squeeze in more days.

Don't get me wrong, I love the deluxes and we've stayed in more deluxes than moderates, but I'd still pick a longer stay at a moderate than shorten my vacation just to fit in a deluxe price.

I would go for a longer stay at a moderate. Just because I value my vacation time and would want to stay as long as I can.

I would vote for a longer stay as well....I love the moderate resorts. I also love a lonnnnnnnng stay at Disney. We are talking about a 6 night stay in November and I keep thinking that is so short (gotten use to 10 nights) but, oh well it's time in Disney who cares as long as your going. POFQ is wonderful, if your looking for a great moderate. :wave2:

For me, I would stay the longest amount of time my work, and wife will allow me. Prior to my wife (we became DVC members on her first trip down there with me) I would stay at the nicest place I could for that amount of time.

That depends on how much time we are talking about shortening our trip. If it were a day or two, then I'd say go for the deluxe shorter trip. If more than 3 days, I'd go with a moderate. It also depends on how often you get to WDW -- if you come more than once a year, then go for a shorter deluxe stay. If its a trip of a lifetime or a trip you only take once every few years and it is more than 2-3 days you'd be losing, then I know I would want more time in the parks so I would go with the mod.

oogieboogie said:
Don't get me wrong, I love the deluxes and we've stayed in more deluxes than moderates, but I'd still pick a longer stay at a moderate than shorten my vacation just to fit in a deluxe price.
I agree. We're lucky not to have to shorten our vacations and are able to stay in Deluxes, but if I had to choose, I'd definitely go with the longer stay at a Moderate. Question: you still have to spend for meals and treats for the extra days, is an extra $50/night with a discounted room rate at a deluxe really that big of a deal? Many times with a code, the Mods will be $79/night and you can get a Deluxe at AKL or WL for $109-$139/night. Is the difference is price that much that you couldn't swing it? You've got to splurge alittle on your vacations anyways, right?!? ::MickeyMo

I just had CBR for 5 nights @ 580 total, called back to check(forgot to before) AKL...changed 719 for the 5 nights!

disneyworld! said:
I just had CBR for 5 nights @ 580 total, called back to check(forgot to before) AKL...changed 719 for the 5 nights!
Awesome!!! At a difference of $28/night, and equal to the price of a counter service lunch in the parks, it's well worth it! ::MickeyMo
Edited: or wait...did the price of CBR go up?

To me a no brainer...longer stay at a moderate!

I find myself going through this problem every year. But for me it's not how ong to stay it's were to stay. We live on the Canadian border in Northern NY I have to travel about 3 1/2 hours to get to the airport so when we go to WDW it's got to be at least for 10 days or more! The problem I have is do I want to spend more money on the resort or meals and souvies? But if the difference from mod to AKL was only $140 I would definatley do AKL it is our fav. resort! But if the diff. was to much and I had to decide between a longer stay and a nicer resort I would hands down pick the longer stay!

I think the 'no brainer' answer is a shorter stay at a Deluxe. I guess everybody enjoys their vacation differently.

I would definitely go for a shorter time in a deluxe. However, we have been to Disney many times and spend a lot of time at our resort.

Having stayed at most of the moderates and all but one of the deluxe resorts (and one of the values), I'd definitely want to lengthen my trip. Time at WDW is a precious commodity and if I can lengthen it, I will.

Overall, a longer stay at a Moderate. But more likely, I'd stay at WL -- Deluxe bang for slightly over Moderate buck with the AP rates. I'd most likely only lose one day that way and I could plan my flights to make the most of that last day, then make the "missed day" be a rest / laundry day at home (something I never manage to plan!).

It would depend on how long of a trip you are talking. For me, 5 nights is pretty perfect, so if it were a 5 night stay at a deluxe vs an 8 night stay at a moderate, I'd do the deluxe. But if it were a 3 night stay at a deluxe vs a 5 night stay at a moderae, I'd do the moderate.

well, where I just came back from disney...I was gonna do maybe a week-end...but opted for the 5 days...because I want to go in Dec also!! so I guess I got it all :cool1:

Prior to this past week, I would have voted for the shorter stay at a deluxe resort. After spending the last night of our 10-day WDW family vacation at the CSR, I would not hesitate in saying stay at a moderate for longer -- or even for the same amount of time!!!! We enjoyed our stay at CSR every bit as much as AKL. This is not to say that we don't love the AKL; but, after staying there a couple of times and only being in our rooms a short amount of time, the novelty of seeing the animals has worn off somewhat. Also, we found that we had a much, much, much shorter walk to our car at CSR; the pool was less crowded (although still busy); counter service food was far superior; travel time to the parks was shorter; buses were less crowded (I still haven't figured this one out!!); bathroom area was the same size; etc. We did give up a queen bed and bunks for 2 fulls. I thought this might be a problem, but it definitely wasn't. With 2 small children along and high heat/humidity for much of the week, we never used our balcony at AKL. (Even in the fall when dh and I visited AKL alone, we only used our room to sleep and ventured out onto the balcony only to take a few photos of the animals.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!