Whispering Canyon on New Year's Day

Jynohn

DIS Veteran
I just finished making my last PS for my upcoming trip, and am so happy because we got all of the places and times we were hoping for :)

I do have one question though...I called for PS for dinner at Whispering Canyon on New Year's Day. I knew ahead of time that I would have to leave a cc# to hold the reservation since it was a holiday, but the CM mentioned that the price was something like $26.99 per person. I asked her if that meant that it was a fixed price meal for that night, and she told me she didn't know. It sounded to me like maybe you have to order the all-you-can-eat skillet. This is fine for my DH, but I'm not crazy about BBQ and had hoped to order off the menu. Does anyone know if it's possible to order off the menu that night or is it just the skillet? I booked anyway without knowing, but may cancel depending on the answer.

Thanks for your help!

I don't know about NYD, but we have a res. for WCC on Christmas day, and they are having a family-style holiday dinner with turkey, roast pork, stuffing, cranberry sauce, etc. I'm thinking it was $23.99/adult. So nothing like their regular menu. I would imagine they will do something similar for NYD.

Sue

Hmmm...
It sounds like maybe that's what they're planning for NY day too. My husband would be disappointed if they have a holiday dinner instead of the skillet, while I'd be disappointed if I couldn't order off the menu. I guess I should rethink my plans for that night. Is this something that all resort restaurants are doing for NY day? It's a non-Disney park day for us, so it looks like we may end up going to DTD for dinner instead. Any suggestions from anyone?

Thanks for your reply!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter