Whispering Canyon or Artist Point?

invalid_char

Mouseketeer
We would like to check out the WL during our next trip. I've heard that there are 2 good restaurants there, so we may as well check out one of them while we're visiting. I know very little about these restaurants. Could someone suggest one over the other?

I could've sworn that there was a similar post here the other day?

Anyway:

AP: quiet, picturesque
WC: loud, nice view of the lobby

AP: cuisine
WC: "grub"

AP: service efficient, polite and unobtrusive
WC: service slow, and "in your face".

AP: more adult
WC: preschool gone haywire

Wow!! I think eeyore0062 summed it up pretty well!! :D

Artist Point is one of our favorite restaurants. The atmosphere is more "upscale and quiet/relaxing". Whispering Canyon is more on the lines of the HoopDeDoo.

The food at A.P. includes things like salmon, whereas W.C. is ribs and fried chicken....

If like craziness, then W.C. will be right up your alley. If you are looking for a quiet evening, then definitely try A.P.

Actually there's only one good restaurant at WL--Artist Point.

eeyore0062 has said it all--.

Add my voice to the AP group. WC is more than preschool gone haywire, it's lousy food, too. Unless you like tepid, singularly unpleasant food! OK, enough grumbling on my part.

AP has excellent servers who are quite knowledgeable about the menu and can make decent wine recommendations. If you go ask for the "table in the far right corner." You'll have a lovely view of the lagoon and of a portion of the "stream" that flows through part of WL property.

Have a great time!

We had a great time at both places- it depends upon who is in your group - If you have small children, then definitely try Whispering Canyon- The kids will have a great time and they are invited to participate in games throughout dinner. The food isn't that bad- we had refills several times.
If you are all adults, then try Artist Pointe - it is a little more pricey but the food is wonderful-

Enjoy!

Actually, we love Whispering Canyon! We don't have kids either! :)
We took my mom there for her 50th birthday and it was awesome! We have eaten dinner than more than 6 times and have always enjoyed the food and the fun atmosphere.

Just our opinion, but if you want to have some fun...WC is a great place.

Kamy :)

We had good food at WC - not great food, but good food. And were very comfortable with our two young children.

My husband ate at AP with my father (they'd played golf that day and my mother and I had the kids at Epcot). The food was fantastic, and my husband said I'd love it there - but we shouldn't bring the kids - or at least not until they are older.

All Disney restaurants are pricey - but WC is a "moderate" restaurant and AP is a "pricey" restaurant.

You can check out the menus on line. All the fancy Disney restaurants are pretty casual - but you can show up at WC straight from the park and not feel at bit out of place - you'll want to stop by the room and freshen up for AP.

I agree with the majority here. AP is amazing- we will definitely be back our next trip. WC is on the "never again" list; not because of the noise and craziness, which our daughter really enjoyed, but because the food was just awful (except the chocolate milkshake.)

I do want to disagree with not bringing the kids to AP- we went with 3 little ones. They were definitely made to feel welcome and the restaurant has special desserts for them.

If AP was anyplace other than WDW, I would agree- no kids. But at WDW, you expect to see them almost anyplace.

Synonymous, I totally agree with you. The noise level, and the the "picking" by the waitstaff can be excussed, and the enjoyment level may be due to your mood, the people in the party you are in, and various other factors. I just couldn't deal with the food...yuck! And to have to wait, with PS, for over 1 1/2 hours and then another 45 minutes for the food to arrive... no way! The lunch and dinner are on my "never again" list, as well. We did enjoy breakfast, though! The food was very good, no wait, and since we were there early, the waitstaff was not up to its normal level of "picking"...also it was probably the only time that the restaurant was quiet!

As for kids at AP...go for it! Kids are made to feel welcome, and there are special menus for kids throughout all of the WDW restaurants. Victoria and Albert's is the exception. There is no kids menu, and the setting is decidedly not something that kids would enjoy, and most people go there because it is a special occasion.

This is a side note, but
Victoria and Albert's is the exception. There is no kids menu...
Shula's Steakhouse doesn't have a kids' menu either.

Re taking your kids to AP, as with anywhere else, it depends on your kids. If they can sit still for an hour / hour & a half dinner with a pretty view to look at, by all means take them. If they get ants in their pants at Denny's, don't take them. :)

The Artist Point is both delicious and kid friendly. We ate there 3 weeks ago with DH and 3 daughters(9,8 and 14 months). They even have a white chocolate puzzle for dessert that the kids build and then paint with edible gel and paint brushes.

Shula's Steakhouse doesn't have a kids' menu either.

Sorry, didn't know that, but I really don't consider the restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin as being "Disney" restaurants.

I just enjoyed a really nice dinner at WC a few weeks ago. My DH was in a meeting, so I went with my 6 year old son. We had incredible service!!!!! We did not have to wait at all. I ordered a steak (did not get the all you can eat skillet), and had fresh veggies and really good mashed potatoes. They also have a good selection of wines by the glass. It was the best meal I had during the week. The steak was cooked to perfection! My 6 year old loved the place, too. He enjoyed asking for ketchup, and then gobbled half of a grilled cheese and took off for the Lincoln Log table. I was able to sit and enjoy my meal, and didn't feel strange at all about being "alone". It was like having dinner at the sorority house, everyone was laughing and talking.
I liked it a lot!

You guys are making me nervous!!! :eek: We have a PS for WC on our next trip. Our kids are 3 and 1... so I thought they'd like it. I wasn't expecting good food anyway, just a place where they can have fun and eat.

I love AP... we've eaten there many times. I always have the salmon and the cobbler! :) I just can't imagine enjoying my meal there with my little stinkers. ;) They are pretty well behaved in restaurants, but they like to eat and go... so long meals don't go over well.

I'm thinking we might change our PS to Kona Cafe. We've never been there for dinner, only breakfast. Hmmmmm... what to do , what to do. :confused:

Had the misfortune to try and eat at WC last week. I say try and eat, because the food was inedible. Sent it back twice, because it was completely cold, but each time it came back no different. Server comped 20%, but it still left $49 for the two of us, which considering we ate the bread and a bit of salad was way too high.Will never eat there again.

We ate at WC for breakfast and thought it was great. Good food, nice atmosphere. We then tried it for dinner, and OHMY. I needed a valium by the time we left. Many people love the purposely rude servers and wild antics, but I am not one of them!!!

Cara

Erika- if you're just looking for a place your kids will enjoy, then you'll get what you want from WC. You just might want to eat something beforehand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter