whispering canyon questions

hannymom

Mouseketeer
I read awhile back that they have toned down the activities there. Can anyone tell me what it's like now? also, do they still have the family style skillet breakfast??? thanks

I am interested to know this as well. I am considering a breakfast ADR on my departure day

dachsie, i went ahead and made adr for this Tuesday for breakfast. I will let you know how it goes.
Thanks! I have never eaten there and breakfast was more appealing to me than lunch/dinner was. Hope you enjoy it!

I read awhile back that they have toned down the activities there. Can anyone tell me what it's like now? also, do they still have the family style skillet breakfast??? thanks

They have definitely toned down the activities. Our server played the part in personality, but none of the ketchup running or other things happened. It was a very quiet meal, except for our server throwing the straws and napkins at us. I went for lunch but they did still do the family style skillet for lunch so I would assume they are for breakfast as well.

If you search Disney (restaurant name) menu into a search engine, the first or second link should be the up to date menu. Looks like there are three skillet options right now. Sorry, I tried to paste the link, but I guess I'm too new to do that. Anyway, copy and paste Disney Whispering Canyon menu

Limited fun and games at Whispering Canyon has removed this eaterie from a "for sure" meal stop on our Disney trips. We so enjoyed eating here through the years. We loved MT and others on the wait staff. I get the ketchup issue with Covid and having the kids up and moving around BUT we miss our old Whispering Canyon and all the antics even pre-Covid. No longer a destination for fun and great laughs but just another Disney dining option.

Limited fun and games at Whispering Canyon has removed this eaterie from a "for sure" meal stop on our Disney trips. We so enjoyed eating here through the years. We loved MT and others on the wait staff. I get the ketchup issue with Covid and having the kids up and moving around BUT we miss our old Whispering Canyon and all the antics even pre-Covid. No longer a destination for fun and great laughs but just another Disney dining option.

I was there for the first time a week and a half ago (had never been pre-covid) and it has turned into a must do for us! We absolutely loved the food. Probably helped that the potatoes and corn were drowning in butter. And the pulled pork was delicious. And that cornbread. Mmmmm. But we are not a fan of those types of atmosphere restaurants anyway - 50s Prime Time is similar. Love the food but not a fan of the schtick. But clearly a lot of people love it!!

I went for dinner in August and thought it was friendly and welcoming. I would highly reccomed it.

I saw no antics of any kind.

.Although the craziness is gone, the food is still great. Same family style skillet . Only difference is the awful mickey waffles now.

Whispering Canyon is one of our favorites. Good food, plenty to eat and a good value. With or without antics, I would recommend a meal here.

Adding in to OPs question since I am booked here for November too, any idea if they still do the refills for milkshakes? I don’t see that on the online menu anywhere.

We ate there for breakfast a few weeks ago and yes, the breakfast skillet is still there. Delicious. Our server was pretty tame with no antics. Super nice and helpful. However, the server at the table next to us was full-on playing the part with his tables. Maybe because it was around 10:45 am and there were only a few other tables but yes, he was quite entertaining and quite loud. There was also a server serving a larger party split in 2 groups at the other end of the restaurant and I could her her having tons of fun with those folks as well. Since we were headed to the airport after an 8 day trip I was quite happy to get the quiet server :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!