• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whispering Canyon was a huge hit--Dining Reviews

NMAmy

Can speak food in German
We tried several new restaurants over our Christmas holiday. DD, 14, loved Whispering Canyon so much she wanted me to cancel all our other PS's and only eat there from then on.

The food was great, the servers were hysterical, we twirled our napkins and laughed and had a fantastic time. We all got the skillet meal--DD got the bottomless shake and really enjoyed it.

Here are the other places we ate to the best of my memory:

Prime-Time Cafe--wonderful as usual. Uncle Patrick was a great server!

Biergarten--DD didn't think she was going to like it but ended up getting two big plates full of food from the buffet. I lived up to my tag when I ordered a pils because I didn't know what kind of beer I wanted. I used to live in Germany many years ago--when I ordered the beer, the waitress said, "Oh, you speak German." "Nope, just food and beer!" The family that got seated with us were totally freaked out about sharing a table and were pretty snotty--like we had purposely arranged it that way, just to annoy them.

Rose & Crown--Yummy. DH is English and so loves to have a taste of home. I got bangers & mash, DD got fish & chips, and DH got shepard's pie. All very good and we switched plates periodically so we could try each other's. I always get the fruit & cheese plate as a starter here because the Stilton is so good.

Le Cellier--I had salmon, DD had shrimp, DH had prime rib. First time here--we enjoyed it a lot. It was a nice quiet break from the noisey crowds. I had the chocolate "moose" for dessert which was very good.

Sci-Fi--Went here for Christmas Eve and stopped to see the Osborne Lights on the way back to the Dolphin. I've heard bad things about the dinners here but we enjoyed it. DD got a steak which seemed tough to me but she liked it once I could finally cut it up for her. A little difficult in the dark!

San Angel Inn--Very good but boy, they pack the tables in that restaurant. You can hardly walk back and forth to the bathroom and it was more difficult when I'd finished the huge margarita! The food was good and I'm usually very picky about my Mexican food after living in NM so long. Glad we had a PS as there was a huge line and they were turning folks away.

Chef Mickeys--great fun on Christmas morning. The food was very good--I've seen some bad reviews but the food was hot and there was a wide selection. Good character interaction.

CRT--lunch one day. DD always enjoys eating in the castle and thank goodness she's past caring about whether the princesses are there or not. Much easier to get a PS for lunch and a nice break from the park while looking out over Fantasyland.

I'd be happy to answer any questions. It seems like we went to more restaurants than this--but I don't have my notes handy today and I'm going by memory.

Wow, it sounds like you had some fantastic meals. You hit quite a few of my favorites. Thanks for the reviews! :D

Thanks for the reviews! A lot of those restaurants are the very ones I'm planning on visiting in March. I didn't realize you sat with other people at Biergarten.

How were the margaritas at San Angel Inn? Can you get them on the rocks, or just frozen?

Thanks for the reviews! We're going to Whispering Canyon, CM's and The Biergarten in March so I appreciate the reviews!

jellydisney--the margaritas were great. Well, margarita--I'm not a big drinker and one did me fine. I had a frozen one but it seems as if they asked me if I wanted it frozen or on the rocks.

Biergarten has long tables and they seat groups together--just like biergartens in Germany. It can be a lot of fun if you get seated with a friendly group--or uncomfortable as it was for us this time. Our waitress was very nice, though, and kept trying to involve the other family but no dice.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter