Who’s going to be at the 50th?

What if you book with theme park tickets and then renew you AP, same thing? I'm worried because those are different "buckets"

As long you you have the reservation, the type of ticket does not matter,

I have an AP plus 2 multi day tickets attached to my name so when I booked it did not ask me to choose.

It only pulls from the AP bucket for days you visit that are not attached to a stay on property. That is how they can tell you have the 3 limit. Days that match a reservation in a hotel don’t count toward the 3 day limit.

I have reservations at AKV for September 30th - October 10th. I was originally looking to move the dates later into the month, thinking that it would calm down slightly compared to being in MK on the actual 50th anniversary on October 1st.

When I talked with my wife about it, she was like "but we should go to MK on October 1st for the actual 50th anniversary." So, it looks like I'll leave my reservation alone and we will be braving crowds at MK on October 1st! :scared1:

Last edited:

I had a different room booked for the first night, but my wait list just came through and got merged into the other reservation, so now we won't have to change rooms!

We have our DVC reservation but “extended” AP’s are good until Jun ‘20 (earliest renewal May) so we will see about park reservations. Either way it will be great to be there!

We have our DVC reservation but “extended” AP’s are good until Jun ‘20 (earliest renewal May) so we will see about park reservations. Either way it will be great to be there!

I have read that they are allowing early renewals because of the park reservation system,

I would call and check.

I have read that they are allowing early renewals because of the park reservation system,

I would call and check.
I just chatted and they said:

You can call to renew out of the normal 60 day window if you have a room reservation and you wish to choose Disney Park Pass.

thanks again Sandi

Looking to go for the 50th -- for those who went to prior decade anniversaries -- do they do anything specifically different on the actual day? I'd imagine it's going to be crazy on Oct 1.

vs . doing fall festivals with Epcot during the 50th year later in the month.

We're booked at BCV from 18th September until 3rd of October. Here's hoping we're allowed in the country! It's my home resort but will actually be my first time staying there.

We are booked at Riviera Sept 30 - Oct 3. I just wanted to be there on the official day.

We have DVC Poly reserved and I just booked a room+ticket package for cash so we could make our APRs. I plan to cancel the package when we extend our AP over the summer. I just didn’t want to lay out the cash for new AP’s just yet. I’m assuming that will work!

isn't this celebration for the entire year, starting in Oct.2021? Is it important to be there the first day, if so why? I have tried to find out exact info, but really not much out there yet.

We will be there in late OCT, no way would I want to be there Oct 1st.

I just peeked at resort availability for studios for the week leading up to Oct 1st and all of the DVC resorts have gone to waitlist only for the 1st. YES, even SSR is waitlist only and only has 4 consectutive days available for earlier in the week. Of course if we don't get Covid under control before then all bets are off. :sad2:

isn't this celebration for the entire year, starting in Oct.2021? Is it important to be there the first day, if so why? I have tried to find out exact info, but really not much out there yet.

There's been no announcement as to the date range in which the celebration will run, but past history shows that it'll likely be for about a year. The official anniversary date is 10/1/21 though, so many have already booked their resort reservations around that timeframe and park reservation at MK on 10/1/21. I expect it to be pretty crowded and possibly reach capacity depending on where we're at with the pandemic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter