Who’s going to be at the 50th?

If all goes according to plan, I will be moving out to orlando the starting of September, so I should be there! Before we had moving plans, we planned to book a week in ccv cabins and then attach a week cruise at the end of our trip for our anniversary. We have family coming, so we decided to keep the vacation plans, and once we're done with the cruise we just stay in orlando! Gonna be great

We have 2 studios and a 2bdr villa booked for Sept 29 - Oct 4 at SSR. Hubby, me, and DD have a park reservation for Oct 1. Told the rest of the family (my mom and siblings) to get on it and get their tickets. 😁

Not us - no Parks, no attractions, no Restaurants, no personnel. So? No money. Really? Everyone just got fired. THAT will be the 50th highlight. Crickets.

We WILL pay our 2021 DVC dues... but banking all points to 2022. And renting all 2020 banked points for what we can get.

Wait... Do we know the dates that it's going to be celebrated?

The official date range of the celebration hasn't been announced, but historically they run for about a year. The official anniversary date for Magic Kingdom will be 10/1/21, so park reservations are starting to ramp up, but certainly not full yet. I try to have my ducks in a row as far in advance as possible, so I went ahead and booked MK that day so I don't have to stress about it. I anticipate it'll be packed, but we don't mind, we just want to be there for the excitement and ambience. We're also hoping things things are closer to normal by then but also trying to maintain reasonable expectations.

At BCV in theory, assuming we're allowed into the US (from the UK).

Plan is BCV 10/1 - 10/10 then CCV cabin 10/10-10/15

Last edited:
We are currently booked at BLT LV 1BD September 28-October 4th, followed by a cruise. I’m still vasciallating on whether it will be insanely crowded around the 1st, mid-October, or both.

We have a split stay, AKV Savannah view 9/26-9/28, then over to Poly lake view from the 28th to 10/3. We are pretty excited to be there.

We booked our SSR for Sept 26th - Oct 3rd. I don't know if we'll try to switch anywhere else at 7 months or not. I didn't want to buy park tix this far out as I'm hoping for AP's to go on sale before our April trip so I also booked a pkg with tix at AoA so that I could select our park days. Once I buy our "real tix" and link them to MDE I'll cancel the pkg. I just wanted to be sure to get MK on the 1st.
Will your park reservations stay?

BWV for us, then moving on to HRH for HHN.

Aside from FOMO, ;) Not sure if we will want to deal with the anticipated throng in the MK on the 1st

Not that we didn’t have fun in the past during multiple milestone dates we were there, but they were basically over-crowded merchandise events.

If they do put on a FW extravaganza (ala the 4th of July Epcot ones), that’d be a different story.:wizard:

Will your park reservations stay?
Yes, it's my understanding that as long as we have active tix linked into our MDE prior to canceling the pkg the park reservations will stay. (I called CR before I did it.)

Last edited:
We are set to be there but not the first week. We are set for the 3rd week of Oct 2021

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!