Who’s Got FP Duty?

Who manages your FPs while you’re in the parks?

• Me, me, and me - even if I’m at the resort with a fever of 105F.

Votes: 102 91.9%
  • My kids - they thumb type much faster than I do.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My partner/spouse - I did all the planning, they need to earn their keep.

• It’s a team effort - everyone in my group has their phone out.

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • I conned/pay someone to do it for me (new service idea for TP).

• Total voters
Me - FPs, ADRs, touring plans
Husband - logistics/navigator/packer
Adult Daughter - Obtaining Lodging off-site, trip dates
SiL- driver, cook, in charge of remembering where we parked
gDD9 - along for the ride
gDD11- along for the ride

My family is totally okay with me alone making "The Plan" to include FP choices, ADRs and doing a touring plan. While trying to get in-put, my daughter told me "Mom we trust you". My daughter and SiL are just so busy before our trips they just don't want the stress. I think they find it liberating not to have to worry about it.

I love your division of labor - so efficient! I planned a sister trip last year - one sister enjoyed the planning and input (she was the one who invited us to do a sister trip asked me to do the planning). The other one wanted nothing to do with the planning. She just told me, "Please just slip my itinerary for the next day under my pillow!"

What's funny is that in our regular lives, my housemate is typically the leader and I'm typically the follower, but I ended up being the one handling fastpasses on MaxPass in Disneyland, and I was the one to make dining reservations. I think tbh it was just a matter of me being used to jumping through all those kinds of hoops at WDW and her not having been to a Disney park since she was a kid and her parents were the ones handling the logistics. She took over everything to do with the airbnb and the rental car, though, for which I was very grateful.

of course the number one answer is me for everyone here pretty much. that's who reads this board. lol

I am the Disney planner in the family (you knew that) but since inevitably we end up splitting up for some reason (nap at resort, sick kid, DS is DONE with princess M&Gs) I’m putting DH through FP boot camp this year (yes, there will be quiz at the end :beach:). He complains that he doesn’t know how to do it, can’t figure it out, doesn’t want to take the time, etc. Typically I’m the one modifying them or trying to snag the 4th, etc. I think with FOP and the success of refreshing I would just like to not always be the one with my nose in the phone (in addition to the logistics of sometimes splitting up).

But my question is this - do you think it’s better to have multiple people making them or do you step on each other? Accidentally cancel things, etc? Is it better to just have one person responsible or does everyone in your party get in on the act?
I complained to my husband that I did all the planning, reservations, fp, etc and he said he would look for the 4th (and more) FP one day. He wasn’t moving quick enough for me so I logged in and told him I found something right when he found one too. It ended up taking the FP he found and not the one I did. So if multiple people are in there at the same time, it can mess things up a little bit. I decided after that I would be the one making all the extra fp. I got 10 total on our MK day, was able to get a same day FEA and same day Navi River so I will be the one in charge 100% from now on.

This is an interesting read for me right now! I have always been in charge of FPs, but now there are some new factors - kids getting older, both having phones - so I have been considering ceding some control.

In January, I'm traveling just with my daughter with her dance group. I was thinking about teaching her what do to in case she goes off with another mom/kiddo, but I'm not sure - definitely worried about things possibly getting messed up!

In April, we're traveling together, DH, DS13, DD11, so not sure if we should have an in-service. Sometimes we split up so it would be good in term of flexibility, but please see aforementioned fear...but not sure if it's an unfounded fear?

I’m in charge. DH has no idea we have a MDX app or what to do. He just goes where I tell him. But we’re just a family of 3.

I’m worried about our summer trip with my extended family. No one acts like they want to plan anything. And everyone here knows we need a plan. So, I’m making a plan and making it available for everyone. Now whether or not they want to follow it is another story.

I’m in charge. DH has no idea we have a MDX app or what to do. He just goes where I tell him. But we’re just a family of 3.

I’m worried about our summer trip with my extended family. No one acts like they want to plan anything. And everyone here knows we need a plan. So, I’m making a plan and making it available for everyone. Now whether or not they want to follow it is another story.

I feel for you, I don't like trying to plan for anyone other than our regular 3. When trying to explain the plan or even why you need a plan they just glaze over like you are crazy. I say let them sleep in and catch up with you where you are later, lol!

I do all of our planning and all of our FP + before and while in the park with input from the family. They call me the Disney Drill Sargent :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter