Who actually uses their kitchen to cook in?

We also do a lot of cooking in the villa.
We use the crockpot for a lot of meals.
They are inexpensive enough now that you can buy 1 at Walmart for $10 and leave it behind and it will still save you money.
We bought way back in 1994 when we didnt have as much disposable income and loved the thought of vaatioing at Disney. and the kitchen made it so much more affordable.

We don't cook evening meals - we're among the "breakfast in the villa" crowd. And maybe a light lunch on a couple of days. Plus snacks. We LOVE the kitchen for this. We enjoy breakfasts at the table and coffee on the balcony. Just using the kitchens for this can save a bundle. It's also nice to be able to grab a late-night snack out of your own fridge, or popcorn from the microwave.

Our (then) 3 yo niece and her parents shared a 2-bd at OKW with us a couple of years ago. Every hotel they've been in since then, she's asked, "Where's the kitchen?" She wants to go back to our "house" at Disney. She really liked that OKW kitchen!

DisFlan

Yes, of course! Had breakfast everyday consisting of any combo below: Eggs, frozen waffles, pancakes, ham, cereal, etc...

Lunch - Had cold cuts, cheese and cracker, chips and dip, hard boiled some eggs and made egg salad.

Dinner - Burgers on grill at SSR, made macaroni salad in kitchen; pasta one night with salad.

We also kept ice cream in the freezer so we weren't spending $3.50 a shot on ice cream snacks.

Love having the flexibility with the kitchen! Wouldn't go any other way! Saves a bunch of $$$! Of course, we do some character meals and then eat off property at some type of chain (Olive Garden, Lone Star, etc...)

We use it for cooking breakfast...DH likes to make breakfast sandwiches...ham, egg & cheese.

We usually don't cook dinner in the room. Last year we had a get together, and bought a few rottisserie chickens, some potato salad, macaroni salad, and a green salad.

I'm a newbie so I can only answer with what I plan to do... we'll probably use the kitchen every morning. We all like eggs at breakfast and occasionally ham or bacon as well. I really need protein at breakfast, not just carbs, especially before a hot day at the park. When we would stay at a regular resort and eat in the room it was always a non-perishable that didn't need to be cooked, like doughnuts, or pop tarts, or cereal with milk.... we'd all be hungry within about an hour! So I'm looking forward to having a full breakfast without losing time in the morning.

I don't love cooking on vacation but I foresee spending at least one night in and doing low-key meal prep. There is always a night when I just want to hibernate and can't even face a restaurant. (This will work great on the meal plan, that way I save that day's table credits to use at a signature dining restaurant.)

I love hearing the things people cook. We'll probably make burritos, a family fave-- just some grilled chicken, black beans and jack cheese in flour tortillas, some salsa, and some of that Uncle Ben's Mexican fiesta rice, and some guac and chips. Coronas with lime for mom and dad. Ahhhh.

on our last trip i cooked dinner about 3 times in the villa. i only have 2 children but they are small and often i need to get them back to the room before a meltdown occurs.

we always eat breakfast in the room. once in a while i will 'cook' breakfast sandwiches and such but mainly it's eggos for the kids and cereal/bagels for us.

for our upcoming december trip we are trying the meal plan. i'm interested to see how that goes.

We usually eat breakfast and lunch in the room. I like to save $$ that way. I don't mind the easy meals. Then we usually go out to sit down dinner. In the past we have used the dining plan, but you get tired of the counter service real quick. It is not healthy and it is always the same. :goodvibes

Due tio child with food allergies it easier to eat our meals in the room,and we found that it saves money and time

We use the kitchen for Breakfast every morning. My DF is about as pokey as they come and the only way I can get to the parks in the morning is to eat in the room. Before DVC I would be pulling my hair out and frustrated because we could not get to the parks before 10.

Now it is a breeze....

We have always cooked in our villa. With little ones we find it sometimes easier to whip up a quick meal in our villa than waiting around at a restaurant. We usually just eat one meal out per day while on our weeks vacation.

I'm another breakfast in the villa person. Other meals "in" depends on how long we are staying and if we drive or not. Longer trips, more meals in villa - usually dinner several nights of a 7/8 night stay. Driving trips I bring meals prepared at home and frozen and heat those up. DH is pretty easy to please about dinners. We get tired of "park" food. It gives you more options when you have the kitchen.

We use it for breakfasts, and will make at least two dinners during a week long stay. Usually the dinners are on evenings after an afternoon at the pool. It's so easy for me to head up first and clean up, then cook while the rest are showering, etc. Never anything fancy - spaghetti, sloopy joes, pizza - but it's a nice change of pace from a restaurant.

A quick breakfast in the morning and most of the dinner meals. Once back to the resort in the evening, the last thing we want to do is head out again for a meal. We do usually eat out for lunch.

Its right for us as we love to relax and spend time at our resort when we are on vacation :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter