Who else goes back and forth with emotions on COVID?

I have and continue to feel anger at those in charge. I've felt the same emotions over their lack of response over this covid 19 as I do for the Catholic priest scandal. Again, those that could have done something to save a lot of pain and heartache did nothing. Now, we have to live with the messes they made and lives they've ruined for generations to come.

A lot of us are feeling so many things every day. We will keep each other afloat. I currently have five kinds of ice cream in the freezer and five bottles of wine in the pantry, which is four more than I would usually have of either. My daughter is a flight attendant, I have not been able to have her over/hug her in almost four months. The cat is tired of being brushed/played with/talked to-it's avoiding me. I am going to come through this with new appreciation for people who are kind and care about others, so that's something. I wish you all good health and let's look forward to those hugs!

But I know better now than to think I can share a picture of enjoying a (take out) ice cream in the park or of my daughter and her BFF swinging in the backyard, never mind of a beautiful hike or a camping adventure. And that's really, really sad.
Which is the exact reason I got off social media like Facebook. When we did our roadtrip through South Dakota I subscribed to an app called journi instead and invited close friends/family I like to follow along that way. The great thing about that app is I could journal what we did that day, add pictures, edit to my hearts content-and at the end-have a customizable picture book printed! It definitely cost more than using shutterfly but since I added stuff each day wasn't as overwhelning. My husband is still on facebook so if something goes on he lets me know. He'd very probably say I am a much nicer/happier person without facebook or twitter at this point LOL!
We are climbing and positivity rate is over 10% .
Which can simply mean they are testing more "clusters" vs random population. Look at your counties population and compare the number of cases vs population. It is very easy to get caught up in the "OMG cases rising" anxiety without knowing the context or perspective. One example-Georgia had a "spike" due to finding a cluster of migrant farm workers - who often live with multiple generations, are at HIGH risk for everything already due to the way they are treated here. But did the news put that in the headline? oh HECK no-have to have the FEAR to generate $$$$
My daughter is a flight attendant, I have not been able to have her over/hug her in almost four months.
How is she doing??? I follow several flight attendants on youtube-they are such neat people but while they had some anxiety about returning to work when flights picked up they all said they really like the super extra cleaned planes :)

nice story. just out of curiosity, did they have any activities that they might have gotten it from, or were they being safe and just happened to get the unluck of the draw? would be curious to know if they did any "risky" activities.

My dad got it first from a work meeting where no one was wearing masks. One person caught the virus on a trip to Michigan, came into work, had a district meeting the next day and 7 people there all caught it. My mom caught it from my dad.

May I ask respectfully, what point you'd be trying to make? If you're advocating that Covid is not being taken seriously enough, please don't forget to calculate in the number of hospitalizations vs. the total number of cases. In all demograpics, the reality is that most people recover. Anecdotes like the one about the PP's parents immediately get brushed aside and I wonder why? Is it because people are worried the overwhelming number of reports of that nature will cause people to let their guards down? I really just don't get it. :confused:
I wanted to see if there was actually a credible source saying it. 😉 I read that article and it doesn’t support what the PP said at all.

If I lived in one of the states that has ridiculous #'s of positive cases, I'd be more anxious too. Thankfully, most people in my area do wear masks, although we had more positive results this weekend than any other day since the start. (OH WAIT< just don't test and it's a no brainer.)
Personally, I don't think we have a clue what's still to come.

I wanted to see if there was actually a credible source saying it. 😉 I read that article and it doesn’t support what the PP said at all.
::yes:: It may well be true but I'd be surprised if there's very many sources which have reliably documented that one, particular piece of data. There's just so many aspects to this situation that are relevant and each of us have different feelings on what information is most meaningful to their decision-making and sense of well-being.

I think most of us are grappling with how we feel from one day to the next. Sometimes I don't even know what the emotion I'm feeling is it's just this sense of feeling off without knowing why.

I went more than 3 1/2 months without a hug from anyone other than my husband and I realized how much I missed that. What sorta breaks my heart too is the reactions people would have. The hug was from my father-in-law who only just got into the habit of hugging (I've known them for over 12 years at this point), he had chemo for prostate cancer in Jan-mid March and is over 65. Some people would casually throw out the "you're killing grandma (in this case grandpa if we had kids) speech as if I'm negligently putting him at risk not knowing that he initiated the hug without me having an opportunity to say no, not knowing that it was him that wanted to see us so badly and I was the one who was the most precautions saying no. Unbeknownst to my husband when we got home that night after that first hug I cried, just a few minutes but still, I didn't realize just how much the lack of a simple thing such as a hug from someone would mean. I grew up in a family that hugged every so often but my in-laws since the day I met them have all been "you can't leave without a hug".

If anything for so long I resented the anxiety I felt at getting close to my family and my in-laws because we weren't supposed to. I'm not normally prone to longer term anxiety so I think that hit me harder than I expected. When my mom would come over I would get the measuring tape outside on the patio moving her chair about 8 feet from where we would be sitting at, my husband thinking I was strange for doing so (figuring just eyeballing it whereas I wanted to be more precise). My mom would leave when she had to go to the restroom because no one was allowed inside our home. Same with in-laws the few times we did fire pit nights sitting 8 feet apart.

That anxiety has ebbed as we've since reunited our social circles. I keep a log though of every time we are around family with the time and date and the place and the names of people who were there. It's my own contact tracing log.

Other days I contemplate the nursing home situations because of how I know it would have been if my grandmother were alive. I've felt sadness often over the long-term care situation. One day the local news said "and the good news is there's one less long-term care facility that is considered to have an outbreak" and the very next day they updated with "well another long-term care facility is now considered to have an outbreak" and it just makes you feel a bit defeated there.

If anything for so long I resented the anxiety I felt
Very accurate summation-I know you equated this to not being able to be with family (and how wonderful you got your hug!!) but it really fits nearly everything right now.
That anxiety has ebbed as we've since reunited our social circles.
::yes:: You are very correct on the care homes too. My state has FINALLY accepted that "compassionate care" includes not just residents who are at end of life, but also those who've had increasing anxiety, or issues settling in (if newer resident). Since 3 of my homes have started allowing some communal dining for past 3 weeks-well the weight loss I've seen across the board since April is much better this month!! I actually am seeing weight GAINS in a few.

Humans are not meant to be isolated. Now think of a younger person, lives alone, told they can't come into work, go out anywhere, go see family...Is it any wonder they went a bit overboard when bars opened??

When it all first started, when we were told to stay home (I'm in NJ) I was scared. Then my anxiety disorder kicked in, which was fun times. I also have Depression, which has come and gone, come and gone. Honestly, when I got sick myself I was in a Depressive phase- I never thought I was going to die, but I *did* think of course I caught it. You know, woe is me. Now that I'm recovering... hopefully recovering... I'm feeling resigned to the new reality. I've lessened my news intake to the minimum of what I need to stay informed regarding Covid. I was sucking up every iota of info and mis-info that was out there because I thought I should, but it was making me crazy.

I keep going back and forth. One minute I feel confident things will be fine (we'll have a vaccine soon, the virus is getting weaker, cases will start dropping, we will be back to normal soon etc.). Thank I see something or hear something about somebody dying of covid, or that we are decades from a vaccine, or that we are heading for a second wave, or that it's getting worse and I panic.

Then I get mad when I see people out and about with no mask, or see people posting pics on fb of vacations in covid hotspots where they are not social distancing or wearing masks, or see gatherings in my town with tons of cars and people. So you are not alone OP!!

Different employers have taken different approaches to the virus and that affects peoples' comfort level. The fact that our health insurance is tied to employment is just another cruel side effect of the "just quit if you don't feel comfortable" argument.

https://www.macon.com/news/coronavirus/article244158667.html
At least 85 children and counselors who attended a YMCA summer camp in Georgia have tested positive despite what YMCA officials described as careful planning and adherence to state-mandated safety guidelines. That’s about 18% of the campers, who were 7 to 14 years old, and counselors, who were 16 to 22. “A great deal of thought and planning went into the decision to hold Camp High Harbour,” the president and CEO of the YMCA of Metro Atlanta said. “In preparing for camp, we collaborated with the Centers for Disease Control and the American Camp Association and followed the safety guidelines and protocols of the Executive Order from the State of Georgia.”

Different employers have taken different approaches to the virus and that affects peoples' comfort level. The fact that our health insurance is tied to employment is just another cruel side effect of the "just quit if you don't feel comfortable" argument.
And some employers say one thing on paper but don’t follow through with actions. Or are wishy washy with the rules. It seems pretty simple to me. Wear a mask. PERIOD. No exceptions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter