Who has had 5 people in a 1-Bed @ BCV?

ain0004

DIS Veteran
We are doing a split stay. Our 1st leg of our trip is for BCV. To save points and because our kids are small, we elected to get a 1 bedroom. In theory they can all sleep on the pull out. They are small enough. However, I don't think they will behave..she is touching me, she took my spot……..So to avoid this, I was wondering if anyone has ever brought a twin air mattress or cot? I am also wondering if there would be enough room? BCV looks much smaller to me than the other 1 bedrooms we have stayed at. Any advice would be appreciated!

Sometimes the recliner chair turns in to a twin. That's where my daughter slept instead of sleeping together on the sofa. Maybe you can do 2 and one. Make a pillow barrier on the sofa pull out for the two. We've done that too, lol.

We used the cushions off the pull out to make a bed for my 3 year old and it was great !

Sometimes the recliner chair turns in to a twin. That's where my daughter slept instead of sleeping together on the sofa. Maybe you can do 2 and one. Make a pillow barrier on the sofa pull out for the two. We've done that too, lol.

Not at BCV. Only OKW, BLT, AKV (except value). VGC & VGF have pulldowns.

And the cushions do not come off the sofa at BCV

Yep, they help support the foot of the bed when it is opened up.

And you will either need to bring towels from home or buy an extra towel pack so you have five bath towels.

We are a family of 5 and book 1 BR all the time. We have stayed at the BCV twiice in a 1 BR with the 5 of us. Now, we are Owner Locker members, and have 3 twin air mattress and linens for all 3. (We have 3 lockers) We rearange the bedroom area and all 3 kids sleep on the air mattress' and we use the bed for us. We enjoy keeping the living room area open, as we like to have our wind down time at night. Our children are DD9, DD6, and DS 4. They love sleeping on the air mattress, and sleep all night.. They are well traveled children...

So the answer to your question is, it certainly can be done.... But to what level you choose to make it work.... (We never need to purchase extra towels, etc... Always plenty,) Washer and Dryer works just fine for when they need to be cleaned!

The thought the occupancy limit at BCV was only 4. We are renting points for a 1BR at BCV and were told that we could only have 4 people on the reservation. Is that not correct?

The thought the occupancy limit at BCV was only 4. We are renting points for a 1BR at BCV and were told that we could only have 4 people on the reservation. Is that not correct?

Officially it's 4 but DVC will allow 5 on a points reservation but there are no bedding or linens provided for the 5th person.

Officially it's 4 but DVC will allow 5 on a points reservation but there are no bedding or linens provided for the 5th person.

So that means you will have one king bed and one queen sleeper sofa. Four bath towels, two hand towels and four face cloths. You can't just request extras and there are no cots or rollaways provided. If you need extra towels, you have to purchase a towel pack of four extra towels (just like what you get in the villa). If the fifth person is an infant, there is a pack and play in the closet.

I knew about the bedding and linens. I asked the person from which we are renting if we could add a fifth person. She said no, that the room could not hold more than four people. I respect her choice as an owner, but she told me that five were not allowed.

Is the fifth person then officially on the reservation with the ability to get tickets and room keys/MB?

I knew about the bedding and linens. I asked the person from which we are renting if we could add a fifth person. She said no, that the room could not hold more than four people. I respect her choice as an owner, but she told me that five were not allowed.

Is the fifth person then officially on the reservation with the ability to get tickets and room keys/MB?

Yes, the fifth person is officially on the reservation. It's a fine line. If they said it "sleeps 5" then people would expect a place for the 5th person & linens. There was recently a post from someone who was upset when they got to the room and there was no place for her child to sleep.

My guess is your owner didn't want to buck any official rules. So she stuck with them. And four is official.

We have only ever slept 4 in a BCV 1 bed or studio but have often used an extra blow up bed in both for DS to sleep in because as young adults he and DD needed separate beds. We have never found it to be a problem

We have only ever slept 4 in a BCV 1 bed or studio but have often used an extra blow up bed in both for DS to sleep in because as young adults he and DD needed separate beds. We have never found it to be a problem

We do the same.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter