• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Who has stayed on-site & then went off-site?

LoDivaLoca

<font color=deeppink>Tinkerbell <font color=teal>W
I wanna know the good, the bad, the ugly.....

I'm planning to go in November (I REALLY hope!!) and I'm not sure if staying on-site if an option considering my economic situation. As it is, I'm thinking of driving down from Jersey (YIKES!!) Please let me know whatever experiences you guys have. Thanks! :)

I can't give you good advice on staying off-site but the new code that is out will give you a rate of $55 per night at the All-Stars. I don't know if you could do any better than that off-site.

Thanks Brian, I tried that.... but they were sold out for my dates (11/23-11/29) - so I had to book the PO-FQ at $94/nite which is still good, but not so sure it's in the budget!

Over the years we have spent single nights at several different off site places and hated each one. I understand there are some new properties in the past couple years that are greatly improved, look and the Orlando hotels and attractions board. I have even been tempted this year as we got an original price of 434 per night for our room at YC but that is now down to 178. Amazing, isn't it?

I understand Holiday Inn Family Suites are well thought of but are much more that your PO price and there is another Calipso something I have been reading about that is supposed to be nice. Check out that board.

Remember, you will spend a lot of time searching for eating, parking and such that is all taken care of on site and you will miss all that wonderful themeing. I personally think it is worth 20-30 dollars a night for that.

Check out the other boards for details.

Originally posted by LoDivaLoca
Thanks Brian, I tried that.... but they were sold out for my dates (11/23-11/29) - so I had to book the PO-FQ at $94/nite which is still good, but not so sure it's in the budget!

I took a look on Expedia.com

They're listing a room available in each of the All Star Resorts for $77. It would come to about $86 or so after taxes.

I'm not sure that this can be done, but you can try.

I booked a room at the Boardwalk through Expedia.com, but the charge on my credit card came through as WDW CRO. I asked and was told that even though the room is reserved on Expedia.com, it's just an outlet for their "product" (ie: room), and that your itinerary number assigned by Expedia is also your CRO reservation number.

You might be able to book it at the $77 rate, and request the code be applied. If it can't, you can always cancel it.

Also, I've heard of a lot of people having problems with requesting specific dates. Someone said that they dropped a night off, and they were able to reserve the room.

Just a few suggestions! :)

We've done both. Honestly nothing is better than staying
on property. The bus are great. The only thing is if your are
planning on going to Universal, Sea World or other attractions
off disney I would stay off property. If you are only going to
do the disney parks, they stay at a disney resort and save
money some other way. Good luck in deciding.:earsgirl: :earsboy:

Thanks everyone for the cool ideas & thoughts! :) Yes, I might be going to IOA one day (against my will....lol), so maybe I could split the stay - not sure if I want that hassle either.... gotta mull this over some more... thanks!

And RNMom- that's a GREAT rate!! (good for you!)

Just to let you know...we did priceline.com for our first night, last night (around 6 nights at CBR). We had a wonderful stay at Sleep Inn- great room and all. Rate was $28.11 with taxes, fees, and all. On the way out, we got "stuck" at the Travelodge for $28.56 but would not stay there again. They also tacked on a $2.50 per night "resort fee". For what, I don't know!! ( I think free paper and safe, but not 100%!) I don't know what the rack rates are at the Sleep Inn, but definately a great hotel. Ren

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter