Who here is doing the CP?

SnowWhite1985 said:
i'm sorry i didn't mean to make it sound like i was putting you guys down. i didn't mean that all you do is play, i guess that came out the wrong way. i tried to look into it at the seminar last year, but there wasn't too much info about the classes and stuff. i would appretiate it if you kept me posted teh fish, and thanks for the advice jctigger. i'm deffinately going to consider it. :D

I didnt take it that way at all... i know a lot of people who went down only to party a couple of my roommate were like that that kinda annoyed me about them i had wanted to do the college program since i was in the 4th grade when i found out about it ( thats sad isnt it) theres another good web site you may want to look at is www.disneyalumni.com other then the classes if you have any other questions and all just give me a hollar and ill be more then willing to help you out :wizard:
~Jill

I would like to, but I really don't know if I can afford to take a semester off being a double major with education and English, and the way the some of the education classes work. Maybe once I graduate...It'd be so fun to work in Disney World.

I did the CP the semester after I graduated ... for those of you who are worried about putting yourself behind academically, this is a course that I'd recommend. If you decide that you like working at WDW enough to stay, you can do that without worrying about getting even further behind in school. If you decide you don't want to stay, then you now have all the Disney experience on your resume when you go out job hunting.

In my apartment, 2 of the 4 of us had already graduated ... my other roommate that had graduated took one of the Disney classes, and one of my other roommates took some online courses from his home university.

(The other roommate who had already graduated applied for and got an advanced internship for this current semester, and is now working in hotel management at one of the monorail hotels)

teh fish said:
I'm showing up the 18th, check in on the 19th, and moving out the 12th of august.

I'm in operations.

OMG i didnt know that you were going to be down there too! i show up on the 16 and check in on the 17th! but my last day in augest 19th. they called and asked me to extend. anyway i am in operations too. i got a call today and i was told that i was on the sch. for inoventions! i cant wait!

EPCOTgrl1 said:
OMG i didnt know that you were going to be down there too! i show up on the 16 and check in on the 17th! but my last day in augest 19th. they called and asked me to extend. anyway i am in operations too. i got a call today and i was told that i was on the sch. for inoventions! i cant wait!

They already called you and let you know when you are working? When did they do this?

dsnymnky said:
Hey I am going to be in the CP shorty, i arrive Jan 24th and i was wondering, the syllabi for my classes say they were updated in 2003, should i wait till i am there to order the books, or should i just go buy what they say?? Also my job is in quick service food and bev. and can anyone tell me what that will be like/what it entails??? thanks much

QSF&B is basicly any food job in the whole resort.... I did QSF&B at Blizzard Beach on my program in the spring of '02. It was pretty fun... I would do a number of things each day (mostly changed on a daily bases depending on where you work). At Blizzard Beach there were four locations to work at (the main lodge and three other outdoor food shacks). So one day I would be on register, the next I would be in the kitchen running the pizza oven or fryers or broiler or the hot window (putting the hot dog in the bun, putting fries in the boat), or I could be out front of the lodge putting food on the trays and serving people, or picking up the picnic area. Other days I would be at one of the three other locations doing what needs to be done there.

I was also able to work at the All-Stars Sports resort doing foods (BB was closed when I first got there, so i was here for about a month till BB opened). Each day they would put me in a diffrent spot (ie scooping ice cream, filling the market part, cleaning up the dinning area, etc.)

QSF&B also includes all the ODF (Out Door Food) carts you see at the parks (ie ice cream cart, turkey leg cart, etc), and Hawking at Fantasmic (walking up and down the stairs w/ popcorn and soda and what not).

So over all, you could be doing a number of things. Let me know if you have any more questions (PM me, AIM me, E-mail me.. what ever :D )

I know because i know people that work down at inoventions. so they checked to see if i was working there and i am. you will find out the day of check in where you are working!

I am getting there on the 18th (staying at Pop Century for the night), checking in on the 19th, and leaving on August 12th too!

Oh, and I'm working in merchandise... I definitely emphasized wanting to work in MK at my interview, so hopefully they kept that in mind.

Ashley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!